Author Topic: 2018 Subscription Thread U2 3D (no not that one)  (Read 8987 times)

miryclay

2018 Subscription Thread U2 3D (no not that one)
« on: April 10, 2018, 07:59:32 PM »
http://www.u2.com/news/title/u2-3-d-dance-mixes

So this pretty much confirms that R&H30 will be released at Christmas as a stop gap.

Just get this to us by December 31 2018.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:01:05 PM by miryclay »

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: 2018 Subscription Thread U2 3D (no not that one)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:16:15 AM »
Thank you for posting that information.  I clicked on that link and it includes this info:
The ‘Live From The Kingdom Mix’ of When Love Comes To Town - running to nearly 8 minutes -  includes a ‘sermon’ by Little Richard while 'The Hard Metal Dance Club Mix' of God Part II (at almost 7 minutes) samples John Lennon’s voice and includes the recorded words of Martin Luther King. Both of these extended remixes have never previously been commercially available.

When Love Comes To Town [Live From The Kingdom Mix] with a track time of 7:28 was in The Complete U2 digital box set, which I bought from the iTunes Store.  This new release has a track time of 7:52 . . . . . . how different could it be?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 06:27:02 AM by dagobah »

miryclay

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 07:44:05 AM »
It's a different edit. The longer one was released on a promo.

jw

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 09:06:12 AM »
I realize they're reproducing the 3-D Dance Mixes promo release.  But it still seems like a missed opportunity to also release the longer version of Desire (Hollywood Remix) with running time 9:23.

God, Part II

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 01:24:06 PM »
(*migraine headache*)

George

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 06:29:14 PM »
I realize they're reproducing the 3-D Dance Mixes promo release.  But it still seems like a missed opportunity to also release the longer version of Desire (Hollywood Remix) with running time 9:23.

My thoughts exactly.

I think that there's already been a production delay.

(*migraine headache*)

I don't understand their current obsession with releasing things exclusively on vinyl.

I further don't understand why they have no interest in, once again, giving me any exclusive musical tracks.  This will be another year of a subscriber gift going directly to a storage shelf to sit until either I sell my collection or I'm dead.

miryclay

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »
George as a dedicated U2 collector for over 30 years this release and versions/edits slipped me by.

George

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 03:34:34 PM »
What really irks me about it is that these are three tracks that are already commercially available, minus 25 seconds of one and two minutes of another.  I'd be more okay with it if they really were promo-only mixes, not just promo-only edits.

So as for releasing an R&H-era promo that has something really special?  How about Excerpts from Rattle & Hum?!  Or make me grin ear-to-ear and release the movie-only audio on CD!  But that's dreamland, I suppose.

miryclay

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »
What really irks me about it is that these are three tracks that are already commercially available, minus 25 seconds of one and two minutes of another.  I'd be more okay with it if they really were promo-only mixes, not just promo-only edits.

So as for releasing an R&H-era promo that has something really special?  How about Excerpts from Rattle & Hum?!  Or make me grin ear-to-ear and release the movie-only audio on CD!  But that's dreamland, I suppose.

I think this is an indication that 30R&H is coming.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 11:49:22 AM »

So this pretty much confirms that R&H30 will be released at Christmas as a stop gap.

I wouldn't put money on R&H being released at Christmas myself.

MDuchek

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 11:00:56 AM »
An even better gift would have been a 2CD Lovetown set!

George

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
WAVs are now available on the profile page!  I did not expect this to happen, so it's a very pleasant surprise that they're doing the right thing!

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 06:36:58 PM »
WAVs are now available on the profile page!  I did not expect this to happen, so it's a very pleasant surprise that they're doing the right thing!

Every conversation I have had with the powers that be, I've asked for uncompressed files for downloads. So happy to see this tonight. I urge you, if you have twitter, take a moment to thank @U2 and @U2comZooMods for this, so the message gets back that people are happy with these! :)

George

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 08:31:58 AM »

Every conversation I have had with the powers that be, I've asked for uncompressed files for downloads. So happy to see this tonight. I urge you, if you have twitter, take a moment to thank @U2 and @U2comZooMods for this, so the message gets back that people are happy with these! :)

Thanks for being persistent - maybe it was your efforts that paid off!

I'll certainly do this.  What do the mods have to do with it though?  Do they bring the concerns of Zootopia to the Fanfire team?  I actually just thought they were forum mods and that was about it.  Shows what I know.

As for thanking U2, I will, because I'm thankful.  But honestly, it feels like thanking a waiter for finally bringing you a glass of water at the end of a meal.  No, they didn't "have" to do it, but it was something that should just be done automatically, and a while ago.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 05:16:02 PM »

Thanks for being persistent - maybe it was your efforts that paid off!

I'll certainly do this.  What do the mods have to do with it though?  Do they bring the concerns of Zootopia to the Fanfire team?  I actually just thought they were forum mods and that was about it.  Shows what I know.

As for thanking U2, I will, because I'm thankful.  But honestly, it feels like thanking a waiter for finally bringing you a glass of water at the end of a meal.  No, they didn't "have" to do it, but it was something that should just be done automatically, and a while ago.

The mods have a regular meeting with those who run the fan club, both on U2's side as well as on Live Nation's side of things, where they get to bring concerns and comments from the fans back to the team. Its one of the few avenues where it does go back to those running U2Com rather than just a customer service rep who is reading off canned responses.

I know it seems odd to thank them. But when you've been in the desert for years, and they finally bring you water, you really want to make sure they bring you a second glass when you are ready for it :)