Author Topic: New Passengers Mix in Discography.  (Read 3295 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
New Passengers Mix in Discography.
« on: February 16, 2018, 09:26:24 AM »
Got tipped off about a 22 year old mix that we had missed in the discography. An alternate version of "One Minute Warning".

Story here, with a look at some other alternate takes on Passengers stuff:
http://www.u2songs.com/news/the_history_mix_passengers_distinctive_forms

Discography entry here:
http://www.u2songs.com/discography/various_artists_ghost_in_the_shell_project_2501_the_real_image_album_collec

Be cautious with this one as bootleg copies of that CD do exist from a number of different manufacturers.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: New Passengers Mix in Discography.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 12:58:46 PM »
The following is from the u2songs.com article referenced in the first post . . . . . . The History Mix: Passengers Distinctive Forms
The last song on the album is “One Minute Warning” but it is not the version from the film and the Passengers album.  Instead this version has alternate instrumentation throughout the song, and instead of the chorus of male voices at the end singing the lyrics, we only hear Holi.  The song is slightly longer than the original by 20 seconds, and the lyrics repeat the line “A lonesome soul” additional times at the end.

OK, I understand the above info.  For the purpose of keeping things specific for the question in my post, PLEASE TAKE NOTE:  I will refer to the above version as One Minute Warning [Soundtrack Mix] because that is how the u2songs discography refers to it.

The u2songs.com article also says:
I’ve long been a fan of the Passengers album, and the last thing I expected to be listening to this week is a new version of one of those songs.  Thank you Arthem for bringing this to our attention.  The extended “soundtrack” version of the song can be heard below, but please note this version has added guitar above and beyond the soundtrack mix, added by the person who uploaded to SoundCloud.

I'm confused about something.  It says "but please note this version has added guitar above and beyond the soundtrack mix, added by the person who uploaded to SoundCloud."

Does that mean that the person (who uploaded to SoundCloud) added guitar to One Minute Warning [Soundtrack Mix], which was already different from One Minute Warning [Studio Version]?

So all three of these are different?  (again . . . . . to be clear for my post):
1.  One Minute Warning [Studio Version]
2.  One Minute Warning [Soundtrack Mix]
3.  One Minute Warning [version uploaded to SoundCloud]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:34:25 PM by dagobah »

dagobah

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 12:18:56 PM »
I finally had some time to find out more about this.  On YouTube, I found a video titled:
Passengers - One Minute Warning (Project 2501 vers)(GITS End Theme)

It has a length of 4:55 and it was posted by Alexuszs.  The track in this video does have alternate instrumentation throughout the song with Holi singing the lyrics at the end (like the u2songs.com article explains).
So I assume it is the track on Ghost In The Shell Project 2501: The Real Image Album Collection.  I love this version of One Minute WarningAaron and Arthem, thank you for posting about it.

I searched for the track on the iTunes Store using search terms Ghost In The Shell and also Project 2501, but the album did not appear as a result.  However, amazon.com has several used copies of Ghost In The Shell Project 2501: The Real Image Album Collection.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:20:43 PM by dagobah »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 07:27:15 AM »
Does that mean that the person (who uploaded to SoundCloud) added guitar to One Minute Warning [Soundtrack Mix], which was already different from One Minute Warning [Studio Version]?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. They added additional guitar. Was unable to find another version to share when the article was written...so it's the Soundtrack Mix, but the poster added guitar over it.

miryclay

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 08:49:07 AM »
So is a complete alternate full playlist of Passengers available?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 08:46:27 AM »
So is a complete alternate full playlist of Passengers available?

In the article we linked to sources to listen. But most of this has never been released on common releases so can't be found on common streaming sites.

dagobah

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 06:06:11 AM »
I suspect that the video I found on YouTube . . . . titled Passengers - One Minute Warning (Project 2501 vers)(GITS End Theme) . . . . . is the same track as the one that was uploaded to SoundCloud.
In other words, I suspect the YouTube video has the added guitar discussed in the u2songs.com article.

If I am correct, then the YouTube video is not the same track as the one on the actual physical CD Ghost In The Shell Project 2501: The Real Image Album Collection.

Am I correct?

I'm unable to confirm my suspicions because I do not have the actual physical CD Ghost In The Shell Project 2501: The Real Image Album Collection.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:09:21 AM by dagobah »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 07:17:07 AM »