Author Topic: SOE Additional Non-Album "Official" Tracks/Videos  (Read 85365 times)

George

Re: SOE Additional Non-Album "Official" Tracks/Videos
« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2018, 05:16:11 PM »
According to this Facebook post and this Facebook post, the MINDSKAP Remix and the Ralphi's Summer Love Mix (which is named "Ralphi Rosario Summer Love Mix on the artwork) were shipped to DJs today.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2018, 07:54:30 PM »
So . . . . . . these tracks might eventually be added to page 1 of this topic?
Summer Of Love [DJLW Dub]
Summer Of Love [HP Hoeger Rusty Egan Chill Mix]
Summer Of Love [HP Hoeger Rusty Egan Sunset Mix]
Summer Of Love [MINDSKAP Remix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario Club Mix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario Dub Mix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit]

Plus one additional track; since I haven’t seen an exact title, I will just list the titles I have seen in this topic and the u2songs discography:
Summer Of Love [Ralphi’s Summer Love Mix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi’s Summer Love Remix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario Summer Love Mix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario & Jay Cappo Summer Love Mix]

On a separate note, I hate it when track titles use all these different terms:  MixRemixDubEdit  or  Version.  Some people try to explain the difference between all those terms, but I don’t like their explanations.  Furthermore, even their explanations aren’t consistent.  If it were up to me, a track that is different from the original studio version . . . . . . should use only the term Remix.  Even if it was the Radio Remix.
In most other things in life, I’m OK with nuance and gray areas.  But in the context of a list of items or a full-blown database/discography, I prefer consistency and simple black & white logic.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:30:35 PM by dagobah »

God, Part II

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2018, 10:12:47 PM »
On a separate note, I hate it when track titles use all these different terms:  MixRemixDubEdit  or  Version.  Some people try to explain the difference between all those terms, but I don’t like their explanations.  Furthermore, even their explanations aren’t consistent.

My understanding:

Mix — a different mix of the final studio mix, usually with an emphasis on different instruments, or reassembling the song’s verse-chorus arrangement, or highlighting a different vocal take.

Remix — a mix of a song with additional instrumentation that wasn’t part of the original studio sessions, with an emphasis on making it into a dance or ambient track.

And, yeah, “version” is stupid and usually means the same thing as “mix”.

Dub — either a mix or remix that focuses almost exclusively on the music, using none (or very little) of the vocal track.

Edit — a shortened version of a longer mix or remix.

BlueBlue

« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2018, 12:55:36 AM »
I think it is what it is. Don’t worry about things you can’t influence. I assume the DJs themselves decide how they want to label their work. I’m fine with it as long as it is clear how they wanna call it and use that label consistently.

George

« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2018, 09:43:48 AM »
So . . . . . . these tracks might eventually be added to page 1 of this topic?
Summer Of Love [DJLW Dub]
Summer Of Love [HP Hoeger Rusty Egan Chill Mix]
Summer Of Love [HP Hoeger Rusty Egan Sunset Mix]
Summer Of Love [MINDSKAP Remix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario Club Mix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario Dub Mixx]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit]

Plus one additional track; since I haven’t seen an exact title, I will just list the titles I have seen in this topic and the u2songs discography:
Summer Of Love [Ralphi’s Summer Love Mix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi’s Summer Love Remix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario Summer Love Mix]
Summer Of Love [Ralphi Rosario & Jay Cappo Summer Love Mix]

The original post has been updated to included the above that are not struck out.  The first three strikeouts haven't been officially released, so they're not yet on the list.  I am using "Ralphi Rosario Summer Love Mix" as the title for the last track because that is what is seen on the cover art, and presumably the cover art is less likely to include a type than what is written in someone's post.  I may be wrong.  Also, there's a second "x" at the end of the Dub Mixx.  Just because.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2018, 11:11:22 AM »
The 'artwork' was not sent out with the file, and was only used on social media in this case. Anywhere the track actually exists, such as YouTube, and in the file sent for promo, they've used "Ralphi's Summer Love Mix". And in the files sent out for promo they are using the commercial artwork and there is no mention of a specific title.

The mention of Jay Cappo came from a source at the company doing these mixes. They may have decided to keep it the same as what U2 posted on YouTube instead? 

I'd go with "Ralphi's Summer Love Mix" myself.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2018, 01:04:59 PM »
Also, there's a second "x" at the end of the Dub Mixx.  Just because.

Yep, that has been consistent so I don't think it's a mistake.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2018, 08:56:57 AM »
A new remix of "Lights of Home" by Mark "Spike" Stent is coming out with issue 300 of MOJO this week.

https://www.u2songs.com/discography/various_artists_the_mojo_anthology_compilation_album

The press information for this release is calling it the "Spike Stent Mix" but we will update if that changes.  Anyone in the UK want to pick up an issue of MOJO when it hits the stands?!

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2018, 08:37:39 AM »
Three new mixes of "Summer of Love" were sent out on Saturday by Mike Cruz:

"Summer of Love" (Mike Cruz Remix) - U2 (08:03)
"Summer of Love" (Mike Cruz Dub) - U2 (07:33)
"Summer of Love" (Mike Cruz Radio Edit) - U2 (04:24)

They've been added to the discography entry here:
https://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_summer_of_love_promotional_release

BlueBlue

« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2018, 08:32:05 AM »
According to this web site Paul Oakenfold did a remix of Love is All We Have Left: http://www.rocksincity.vegas/paul-oakenfold-love-is-all-we-have-left-u2-remix-teaser_701ff4a9a.html

Also: according to Rusty Egan U2 have approved his Chill & Sunset remix for release.

Anam

« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2018, 05:18:00 AM »
Hopefully Rusty Egan gets his mixes out there. They seem to be the stand-outs on this single. The dance remixes are not as distinctive as some of the LIB efforts.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2018, 06:59:45 PM »
Hopefully Rusty Egan gets his mixes out there. They seem to be the stand-outs on this single. The dance remixes are not as distinctive as some of the LIB efforts.

I spoke to Egan last night, and he said he wasn't sure if his Summer of Love mixes would be released. He's still hopeful that they will be. But based on what he has said, and what has been shared with me by others the other two probably won't be released...

Anam

« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2018, 08:11:11 AM »
I think Rusty's Twitter post last week was more in hope than expectation. The mix is still available on two of his (very enjoyable) podcasts.

Regarding the Oakenfold mix, has he just used the album version and mixed it across a different track?

On a quick point of information, in my not-yet-released folder of youtube and soundcloud rips etc I have a 4.49 128kbps 'DJLW Dub' of Summer of Love, but can find no other references to it. Is this a mislabelling on my part?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2018, 09:45:31 AM »
On a quick point of information, in my not-yet-released folder of youtube and soundcloud rips etc I have a 4.49 128kbps 'DJLW Dub' of Summer of Love, but can find no other references to it. Is this a mislabelling on my part?

You are correct. That one is still up on SoundCloud.

https://soundcloud.com/djlynnwood/sets/summer-of-love

Anam

« Reply #209 on: October 08, 2018, 03:18:56 PM »
Thanks for that @Brad. Anyone not one the ball for these last two singles is going to have great fun unpicking these mixes in the future.