Author Topic: SOE Additional Non-Album "Official" Tracks/Videos  (Read 85387 times)

miryclay

Re: SOE Additional Non-Album "Official" Tracks/Videos
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 10:52:11 PM »
George has his eye on the ball.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 12:23:29 AM »
I've added missing tracks, release dates, and hyperlinks to online sources where available.
Thank you very much.  When I have time, I will take a closer look at that updated first post.

George

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 01:48:44 PM »
Updated with performances of Best Thing and Get Out at RAI, Best Thing with Kygo at NMA 2017, last May's performance of Little Things on Jimmy Kimmel, and the two BBC performances that are on YouTube.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 11:48:08 AM »
It's the remix being released on the Record Store Day Vinyl on April 21. You'll have to wait two weeks yet for it...
Thank you very much for the quick reply.  I must have missed that bit of info when it was mentioned previously.  I now see it in the March 6 story by Aaron.  Wow, I sure am out of it.

The download voucher info is news to me.  I want to get the Lights of Home [Free Yourself / Beck Remix] so I will need the download voucher because I don't collect vinyl.  I don't think there is a record store here in Jackson.  I will have to look.  If not, I will call the record stores in Denver or maybe even Salt Lake City.  But with only 5,000 copies worldwide, I'm afraid I won't be able to get one.  But if I'm lucky and I get one, I'm only interested in the download voucher.  I don't want the vinyl record.  It should be with someone who wants it.

HEADS UP!

Thanks to Matthieu, we now know that the copies being sent out in France by Amazon do not contain a download voucher. So these may not contain a download code even though recordstoreday.co.uk still says: "Includes a Download Voucher." on the following page:
https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-2018/u2/

dagobah

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 03:25:53 AM »
HEADS UP!

Thanks to Matthieu, we now know that the copies being sent out in France by Amazon do not contain a download voucher. So these may not contain a download code even though recordstoreday.co.uk still says: "Includes a Download Voucher." on the following page:
I have not clicked on that link yet . . . . . because I am confused you mentioned Amazon in your post.  I was under the impression that Record Store Day was limited to record labels instructing the vinyl record manufacturers to send specific Record Store Day vinyl records only to record stores . . . . . . and then customers having to physically enter those record stores in order to buy the Record Store Day vinyl record.  If Amazon is involved in France, then I'm confused.

miryclay

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
I think it is because that the French ignore the rules!

morgan1098

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2018, 02:54:03 PM »
HEADS UP!

I have not clicked on that link yet . . . . . because I am confused you mentioned Amazon in your post.  I was under the impression that Record Store Day was limited to record labels instructing the vinyl record manufacturers to send specific Record Store Day vinyl records only to record stores . . . . . . and then customers having to physically enter those record stores in order to buy the Record Store Day vinyl record.  If Amazon is involved in France, then I'm confused.

You're right... that's how Record Store Day is supposed to work. My guess is that there was a mix-up at Universal and they accidentally sent some copies to amazon France. Not only is amazon not supposed to sell RSD stuff, they had them in stock and sold them almost two weeks early!!

dagobah

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 12:24:07 AM »
You're right... that's how Record Store Day is supposed to work. My guess is that there was a mix-up at Universal and they accidentally sent some copies to amazon France. Not only is amazon not supposed to sell RSD stuff, they had them in stock and sold them almost two weeks early!!
Thank you for the confirmation.   ;)

I think it is because that the French ignore the rules!
Ha ha, that's funny!    ;D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:09:39 AM by dagobah »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 02:11:47 PM »
HEADS UP!

There is no culture of "Record Store Day" in France like there is elsewhere. They haven't embraced the idea of a specific day where records are limited and certain retailers get preference over another. So its always interesting to watch what happens there we are told.  This year they are showing up on Amazon, and shipping early.  Last year for "Red Hill Mining Town" Universal sold them direct through their website in France. And going back to 2010, Wide Awake in Europe was sold in FNAC stores (an electronics / music store chain similar to a big box USA store)

We've had a couple of people fill in the details above in a couple of locations through the site social media accounts.  So I appreciate that. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:13:36 PM by Aaron »

morgan1098

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2018, 05:55:44 PM »
HEADS UP!

There is no culture of "Record Store Day" in France like there is elsewhere. They haven't embraced the idea of a specific day where records are limited and certain retailers get preference over another. So its always interesting to watch what happens there we are told.  This year they are showing up on Amazon, and shipping early.  Last year for "Red Hill Mining Town" Universal sold them direct through their website in France. And going back to 2010, Wide Awake in Europe was sold in FNAC stores (an electronics / music store chain similar to a big box USA store)

We've had a couple of people fill in the details above in a couple of locations through the site social media accounts.  So I appreciate that.

It might not get huge participation, but there is absolutely an official RSD in France: http://disquaireday.fr/  So it's strange that Universal is offering copies to amazon there. The pics I've seen on Twitter clearly show "RecordStoreDay.Com" on the outer label of the copies sold by amazon.fr.

I wonder if there's a chance that the RSD copies for official indie stores will include the digital download mentioned on the RSD site? That might be a small (very small) distinguishing factor between the Amazon copies and the RSD copies.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:00:49 PM by morgan1098 »

miryclay

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »
It might be part of French culture to publically be enfant terrible!

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »
HEADS UP!

It might not get huge participation, but there is absolutely an official RSD in France: http://disquaireday.fr/  So it's strange that Universal is offering copies to amazon there. The pics I've seen on Twitter clearly show "RecordStoreDay.Com" on the outer label of the copies sold by amazon.fr.

I wonder if there's a chance that the RSD copies for official indie stores will include the digital download mentioned on the RSD site? That might be a small (very small) distinguishing factor between the Amazon copies and the RSD copies.

Yes, it exists, but its not popular like it is elsewhere so not a lot of labels participate. And it seems no one follows the rules.

Universal did this last year as well selling the vinyl for RHMT online but not shipping this far in advance. And they've sold via bigger stores as well.

I'm told there are no download cards in other markets either (confirmed there is none in Canada and the US). So that is an error on the RSD UK site.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 06:57:11 PM by Aaron »

dagobah

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 01:39:09 AM »
I'm told there are no download cards in other markets either (confirmed there is none in Canada and the US). So that is an error on the RSD UK site.
Oh, wow.  That changes things.  I guess I won't worry about tracking down that Record Store Day release then.

miryclay

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2018, 09:58:37 AM »
It's a bit of a letdown of a remix. I had high hopes. beck could have done something really interesting with Edge's best riff in decades.

George

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2018, 10:32:23 PM »
I managed to get a copy today at my 7th stop (I was about to give up) - all others shops either hadn't received the single,  hadn't opened shop yet, or had already sold out.  I'm really pleased with the look of the disc, but I wish that there was a nice cover to go with it instead of the clear vinyl.  I know that the it's clear because it's a picture disc, but still...

Also, I quite like the remix.  It's far better than the St. Peter's Strings version, which sounds like an audio representation of a panic attack.

And I'm disappointed that there's no download card included.  There's simply no reason not to include one.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 10:35:39 PM by George »