Author Topic: Get Out Of Your On Way [Switch Remix]  (Read 4457 times)

George

Get Out Of Your On Way [Switch Remix]
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:30:32 PM »
It seems that the Switch Remix of Get Out Of Your Own Way is available for purchase as of two days ago (December 29, 2017), first in Japan.

It's available from a bunch of Japanese retailers in FLAC 24-bit 44.1 kHz.  I've also seen it available in AIFF format, same quality.

It's in 16-bit from Qobuz, and certainly others.

It's also up for purchase on Amazon UK as an MP3, and presumably other retailers.

Here's the artwork:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:34:59 PM by George »

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: Get Out Of Your On Way [Switch Remix]
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 04:43:43 AM »
As of this moment, it is also available to buy from the iTunes Store.

I have listened to this remix several times on YouTube.  I like the first 1:22 of the remix, but that is just not enough for me to acquire it.  What a missed opportunity.  That first 1:22 had some potential.    :(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:24:23 AM by dagobah »

morgan1098

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:48:15 PM »
This has got to be one of the worst official U2 mixes ever! Just my humble opinion of course.  :)

I agree that the first part is good... I love the Edge's guitar at the end of the album version of GOOYOW (the part leading into Kendrick), and it's cool how that same part appears at the beginning of this remix. But then things go off the rails really fast. What a waste.

God, Part II

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 11:35:13 AM »

It's available from a bunch of Japanese retailers in FLAC 24-bit 44.1 kHz. 

Forgive me, I'm a bit of an idiot where these things are concerned, but do any of them offer uncomplicated sites where people in the U.S. can legally download this uncompressed version?

George

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 01:38:59 PM »

It's available from a bunch of Japanese retailers in FLAC 24-bit 44.1 kHz. 

Forgive me, I'm a bit of an idiot where these things are concerned, but do any of them offer uncomplicated sites where people in the U.S. can legally download this uncompressed version?

I just found it at a site I've never heard of, but looks real:
https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/17345

George

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 05:22:19 PM »
After giving this a listen, I think it's pretty obvious that this is just the 7" edit, and that there's certainly a 12" mix and an Extended Remix out there just begging to be released.

I could really do with a nice 13-minute mix of this that has Bono saying "wow" four or five more times.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 07:23:54 PM »
After giving this a listen, I think it's pretty obvious that this is just the 7" edit, and that there's certainly a 12" mix and an Extended Remix out there just begging to be released.

I could really do with a nice 13-minute mix of this that has Bono saying "wow" four or five more times.

Limited numbered 12" - 321 copies. Randomly distributed at Walmart stores in Canada. (I kid! I kid!)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:20:19 AM »
I decided to buy Get Out Of Your Own Way [Switch Remix] from the iTunes Store.  When I have time, I am going to try to cut and paste together the parts I like.  The total time of the edited track might only be about 1:30    I know this sounds like a weird thing to do, but I just want to enjoy the good parts.  1:30 is not much of a remix track, but that's ok . . . . . the U2 track The Ocean is only 1:35 and I love it.

God, Part II

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 10:52:53 PM »
I just found it at a site I've never heard of, but looks real:
https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/17345

Thanks so much! Today was payday, so I treated myself!

slaneman

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 01:05:11 PM »
I'm surprised that no one has pointed out that this amazing cover art is quite reminiscent of the opening segment of a famous TV show from the early 60's.

To achieve this effect you can spin your screen around and just maybe you'll hear the voice of Rod Serling. He was a famous house music DJ back in Chicago in olden times.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 08:24:58 PM »
This has got to be one of the worst official U2 mixes ever! Just my humble opinion of course.  :)

::...I'd say Snow Patrol's "Unknown Caller" is close