Author Topic: Songs of Experience Questionnaire.  (Read 2318 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Songs of Experience Questionnaire.
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:43:44 AM »
We've got a short (24 question) questionnaire that we are using to gather opinions on Songs of Experience, including favorite tracks, how the album fits in your collection and so on.  We'd love to have your input if you want to take a few minutes to answer the questions.  You can find it here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKtaNI-BZOluFGUPBApo6sI0kjqukppZ7_ZKY-j9N6lPnkog/viewform?usp=sf_link

After we close the questions in a couple of weeks, we'll present that information on the site.  It's been pretty interesting to see the results so far, and looking forward to sharing that with you...

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: Songs of Experience Questionnaire.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »
Interesting questionnaire.  I finally received my Japan release of Songs Of Experience on January 4/5.  I had a week to explore the album and I just completed the questionnaire.

God, Part II

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:24:00 PM »
It was an interesting quiz in that I honestly answered that I like the album (there isn't an actual bad track on it), but also honestly answered that it ranks in my bottom five of U2 albums. It's the most pop album they've ever done (title of a certain 1997 album notwithstanding) at a time when real rock-and-roll desperately needs championing, so it all feels a bit insubstantial at the end of the day, at least sonically speaking. I need a U2 album full of "New Year's Day"s, "Bullet the Blue Sky"s, "Exit"s, "The Fly"s, "Mofo"s and "Love and Peace or Else"s in a bad way. Nobody does hope quite like U2, but I ache for them to get pissed off again.

broadsword

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:10:22 PM »
I have what might be a silly question about the questionnaire. In one of the later questions, it asks "which 'Bonus' did you enjoy the most?" and one of the answers is "Spotify's 'Making of' Videos." What are these videos? Videos about the making of the album? Where can I find them? I've googled "U2 Spotify Making of" and "U2 making of Songs of Experience" and the closest thing I can find is a clip of the interview from "Rock This." Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 07:24:09 PM »
I have what might be a silly question about the questionnaire. In one of the later questions, it asks "which 'Bonus' did you enjoy the most?" and one of the answers is "Spotify's 'Making of' Videos." What are these videos? Videos about the making of the album? Where can I find them? I've googled "U2 Spotify Making of" and "U2 making of Songs of Experience" and the closest thing I can find is a clip of the interview from "Rock This." Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

The Spotify videos were included in two spots on Spotify, the Rock This playlist, and the U2 playlist that they are always updating. There was a bunch of videos there. 

From http://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_songs_of_experience_album:

On Spotify, five videos were also made available, as part of the playlists “This Is: U2” and “Rock This” featuring the titles “U2 in America” (06:55), “On You’re The Best Thing About Me” (03:45), “On Get Out of Your Own Way” (01:29), “On The Blackout” (01:53), and “Making Songs of Experience (02:10)”. These videos featured interviews with Bono and the Edge, footage of the band recording, and videos and other materials from the new album.