Author Topic: You're The Best Thing About Me  (Read 1743 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
You're The Best Thing About Me
« on: October 27, 2017, 12:36:50 AM »
I really love You're The Best Thing About Me
I find myself hearing its melodies in my head almost every day.  I love all the versions made available so far.  I also love The Little Things That Give You Away and The Blackout.  I never thought I would still love U2's music after so many years.

For comparison, with the 3 most recent Coldplay and Alicia Keys albums, I have loved fewer and fewer tracks.  I'm not criticizing Coldplay and Alicia Keys . . . . . . it's just that U2 has exceeded my expectations.  I'm just amazed that U2 still writes such lovely music . . . . . . with meaningful lyrics.  Well . . . . . at least that's how I feel about:
-  their 3 tracks from 2017
Songs Of Innocence . . . . . except for The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
Invisible
Ordinary Love

God, Part II

Re: You're The Best Thing About Me
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 04:15:39 PM »
Personally, I love "The Blackout" and "The Little Things That Give You Away", but I'm finding it hard to warm to "You're the Best Thing About Me". Even a middling U2 song is better than most band's stuff, but make no mistake, middling (for me) this one is.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: You're The Best Thing About Me
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 05:43:22 PM »
Personally, I love "The Blackout" and "The Little Things That Give You Away", but I'm finding it hard to warm to "You're the Best Thing About Me". Even a middling U2 song is better than most band's stuff, but make no mistake, middling (for me) this one is.

I really loved the original Kygo 2016 version.  There's something about this new version that doesn't quite work for me in any of its forms.