Author Topic: U2 Innocence and Experience Live in Paris DVD superthread  (Read 11356 times)

miryclay

Re: U2 Innocence and Experience Live in Paris DVD superthread
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 12:57:16 PM »
My birthday is on Monday and I asked my wife for the Blu-Ray version, which has everything I want in terms of content. I'll have to live without the USB light bulb.

I have the BD on order and will pick up my light bulb in a while.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2016, 07:12:41 PM »
My birthday is on Monday and I asked my wife for the Blu-Ray version, which has everything I want in terms of content. I'll have to live without the USB light bulb.

Heh.  And what do you want from us for your birthday?!

George

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 08:27:32 PM »

My birthday is the 10th and I did the exact same thing!

miryclay

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 11:28:02 AM »
Here is the burlesque style unboxing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUQO9zAKxc&feature=youtu.be

This is for sure one of U2's greatest collectable items. But that being said, it does fall short in a couple of areas. The stencils and stuff could have been a bit more 'less throwaway'. Also, the omission of the documentary doesn't really offer close watching fans much except things already available. Plenty of happened in U2 world in 2015 and it would have made interesting study. One could easily fill an hour speaking about the tour tragedies and triumphs and the Paris events.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:34:23 AM by miryclay »

George

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 01:13:07 PM »
Uhh, what???

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on May 24, 2016 (Order# xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Innocence + Experience: Live In Paris (Blu-ray)"
    Estimated arrival date: July 15, 2016 - August 03, 2016

For more details, please visit the "Your Account" section of our web site (http://www.amazon.ca/your-account).

God, Part II

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2016, 10:19:18 PM »
Uhh, what???

I got the exact same message. Immediately cancelled my order and reordered the deluxe set from Amazon USA. $20 more but at least it's being prepared for shipping currently, with a projected arrival date of Wednesday.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 06:06:15 AM »
Couple of notes...

For those ordering from Amazon.ca - if HMV is close to you in Canada, you can go into stores and pick up the release for cheaper than Amazon had it at the low point.  I bought mine in store for $129 Canadian. 

As for the documentary I'm told they want to save it for something else.  I expect where Guggenheim is involved he wants to premiere it at some film fest or another as he did with From the Sky Down and It Might Get Loud, instead of it just being an extra on a dvd.

morgan1098

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2016, 10:27:41 AM »
I got the single Blu-ray for my birthday as requested! (And Aaron, don't get me started on what the U2songs community could get me... I'm sure the accumulated swag here is truly mind-boggling!) Now I just need to find time to sit down and watch.

I like the little glossy picture booklet that comes with the Blu-ray, very cool.

From the back of the packaging, it looks like the bonus videos (Invisible, Ordinary Love, etc. etc.) are all a single track at the end. Is that right? Track 9 technically has seven different videos. I wonder why they didn't separate them? It's like the acoustic sessions all over again!

God, Part II

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2016, 08:08:49 AM »
Proof that you can move from innocence to experience in 360°...

bobni

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 04:27:06 PM »
Just send the following message to U2 shop:

Where's my order?
In my opinion it's absolutely ridiculous to place a pre-order (a month before its release date) when the object I have ordered is still not in my posession,
I have ordered the super deluxe edition + t-shirt and I have received the t-shirt last Tuesday, but still no sign of the super deluxe edition.
I could have gone to my local record store last Friday and picked it up easily,
My confidence in your store is seriously doubtful... As a long time U2 fan I think it's an insult to keep fans waiting for an order to arrive longer than a week after its release date.
IMO: Last time I've ordered at U2.com!
Greetings, Bob

Browsing through various U2 forums from different websites: they all confirm the same thing:
The U2 shop webshop is failing...
People receive the t-shirt but no box, people receive the box but no t-shirt. IMO It's ridiculous when it comes to customer satisfaction!

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
Just send the following message to U2 shop:

Where's my order?
In my opinion it's absolutely ridiculous to place a pre-order (a month before its release date) when the object I have ordered is still not in my posession,
I have ordered the super deluxe edition + t-shirt and I have received the t-shirt last Tuesday, but still no sign of the super deluxe edition.
I could have gone to my local record store last Friday and picked it up easily,
My confidence in your store is seriously doubtful... As a long time U2 fan I think it's an insult to keep fans waiting for an order to arrive longer than a week after its release date.
IMO: Last time I've ordered at U2.com!
Greetings, Bob

Browsing through various U2 forums from different websites: they all confirm the same thing:
The U2 shop webshop is failing...
People receive the t-shirt but no box, people receive the box but no t-shirt. IMO It's ridiculous when it comes to customer satisfaction!

I got two shipping notifications a couple of days apart.  One for the box.  One for the T-Shirt.  Neither one has made it here yet btw.  :)

George

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 09:03:58 PM »
So after the odd notice about my order arriving a month from now, it actually showed up a couple of days ago, so that was nice.

However, I am VERY disappointed with the blu-ray packaging.  Why is the 2xDVD packaging so much nicer when the content and price is identical to the Blu-ray?  Also, though the content of the booklets are the same, the Blu-ray booklet is actually worse because all of the pictures are cropped, and for a couple of images this really makes a difference as the composition is terrible!  And lastly, there's no peel-back sticker.  It just looks ugly sitting next to all their other really nicely packaged DVDs.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2016, 06:52:42 AM »
though the content of the booklets are the same, the Blu-ray booklet is actually worse because all of the pictures are cropped, and for a couple of images this really makes a difference as the composition is terrible!
Maybe you can have my booklet from my 2 DVD version.  I plan on buying the 2 DVD version in the future . . . . . maybe August or September.  When my 2 DVD version arrives, I will look at my booklet and decide if I want to keep it.  If I decide I don't want to keep the booklet, I can mail it to you (if you want it).  Ultimately, the most important thing to me is the content on the DVDs.

slaneman

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 10:42:41 AM »

Maybe you can have my booklet from my 2 DVD version.  I plan on buying the 2 DVD version in the future . . . . . maybe August or September.  When my 2 DVD version arrives, I will look at my booklet and decide if I want to keep it.  If I decide I don't want to keep the booklet, I can mail it to you (if you want it).  Ultimately, the most important thing to me is the content on the DVDs.

I got the 2-dvd version. The last page of the booklet is solidly glued to the inside of the front cover so it cannot be removed.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 03:28:27 AM »
I got the 2-dvd version. The last page of the booklet is solidly glued to the inside of the front cover so it cannot be removed.
That's ok.  If I end up deciding to give away the booklet, I will send the case/box that is attached to the booklet.  In that situation, I would keep only the 2 DVDs.

I mentioned it here on the forum about a year-and-a-half ago (I don't expect anybody to remember because it's not important).  Back then, I took all my CDs and DVDs and placed them into several disc albums (bought from Target, they are like photo albums except the discs go into slots instead of photos).  I kept all my CD booklets and most of my DVD inserts/booklets.  I donated all my CD jewel cases and the DVD cases.  For cardboard-type Special Edition cases, I recycled the cardboard and disposed of anything that could not be recycled.  I am free from that need to collect everything in pristine condition.  I'm mostly interested in the content on the CDs and DVDs.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:30:52 AM by dagobah »