Author Topic: U2 Innocence and Experience Live in Paris DVD superthread  (Read 11296 times)

miryclay

U2 Innocence and Experience Live in Paris DVD superthread
« on: May 08, 2016, 02:05:20 PM »
Anyone else really looking forward to this? The 360 Super Deluxe is basically my most prized item.

I also went to Canadian Music Week last night and spoke to the EODM lead singer and he said they are on the DVD. He is either in the know and has signed off or maybe he was referencing that they were there. Either way it should be great.

miryclay

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: U2 Innocence and Experience Live in Paris DVD superthread
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:18:34 AM »
Anyone else really looking forward to this?
Yes, I am.  What month and year is the release expected?

morgan1098

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 12:11:50 PM »
I wonder if the USB in the big box will have the full concert audio? I'll be sad if that's the only way to get it, but such is the state of things in 2016.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 02:03:40 PM »
For the first time in a while, I went over to the @U2 forum to see if there was any info about this release.  It does not appear this release is officially confirmed yet . . . . although I admit I did not read every post.  It appears people are speculating a June 2016 release date.

miryclay

Zbych

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 04:26:02 PM »
Nice find:)
Aparat from missing Ordinary Love (06.12 which we kind of have) & Sweetest Thing (11.11 cut from the leak) still looks like the MOST complete ever U2 tour DVD!

miryclay

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 10:22:57 PM »
The doc looks interesting at over one hour. The Troubles could be either a live video or an unreleased video. Most of the other stuff we have already seen. They seem hell-bent on keeping continuity intact for the main show.

miryclay

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 08:50:37 AM »
I am glad they released The Wanderer on the set. Hopefully it will be a strait studio shot and not some far removed live montage.

So the Paris attacks happened on Friday the 13th and now it is announced on Friday the 13th? What the....? #arcanefactoid
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:43:47 AM by miryclay »

morgan1098

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 12:13:19 PM »
Ok, the whole crazy list of different versions has now been released.
http://www.u2songs.com/news/innocence_experience_live_in_paris

I still wonder what's on the USB in the super deluxe set. Audio? Video? Or maybe it's just an empty lightbulb-shaped USB.

miryclay

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »
I actually own one of those USB lights they are great for reading. As for putting media on it, it is a great idea for up and coming bands. Easy to produce and collectable. This set is fairly comprehensive but  I think the Super Deluxe is just a little overpriced. The doc should be good and I will bet anyone on the forum that 'The Troubles' is live from Vancouver. Overall, great care and great content.

morgan1098

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 05:53:30 PM »
I actually own one of those USB lights they are great for reading. As for putting media on it, it is a great idea for up and coming bands. Easy to produce and collectable. This set is fairly comprehensive but  I think the Super Deluxe is just a little overpriced. The doc should be good and I will bet anyone on the forum that 'The Troubles' is live from Vancouver. Overall, great care and great content.

Of course you're right about the USB. I was thinking it's a USB drive with content on it, shaped like a light bulb, but yes, it will be an ACTUAL light bulb that plugs into a USB port. Kind of cool, but I still wish there was an audio-only component of this massive release!

PatrickM

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 06:58:25 PM »
Mixed feelings about this announcement.

I love the Blu-Ray/DVD version. A full concert with no cut songs -- or oddly placed bonus (Hello, Breathe, Mysterious Ways, Tryin' to Throw Your Arms...). The bonus content is quite good and I appreciate that we will be able to have all the videos from the era in one single-disc. (BTW: I am quite sure that The Wanderer will just be the intermission video featured in the US leg. Will be happy to be proven wrong though).

However, the Superdeluxe Version... Quite pointless and silly. The other major deluxe editions offered something more intriguing (Linear DVD/Soon 7'). Now, it's just stencils, pins and a light bulb? Maybe I am just getting old and grupmy, but I can hardly justify spending more USD 100 on it. For the first time in ages, I haven't order this one on the first day -- went to the Blu-Ray.

(Yes, I know nobody forces me to buy it, but as a collector it's a strange feeling being not remotely interested about the deluxe version).

enaul

miryclay

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:16:20 PM by miryclay »

morgan1098

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 10:48:24 AM »
My birthday is on Monday and I asked my wife for the Blu-Ray version, which has everything I want in terms of content. I'll have to live without the USB light bulb.