Author Topic: Song for Someone  (Read 2999 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Song for Someone
« on: January 19, 2016, 06:46:01 PM »
supraphonline.cz actually posted the "Song for Someone" single back in September for download.  Not just for streaming on spotify like everywhere else.  You could actually download it in mp3 and flac versions. 

We updated the discography entry with more info:
http://www.u2songs.com/discography/u2_song_for_someone_streaming_single

Thanks to ZZ and Josh for the help with this one. 

DM2K16

Re: Song for Someone
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 03:09:58 PM »
It's been a few months so just wondering if this has become available for sale anywhere else. Very frustrating to not have an MP3 of the only U2 b-side I can't access haha.

I'm sure others feel the same - any chance of this seeing the light of day soon?

Cheers!

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 08:21:42 PM »
supraphonline.cz actually posted the "Song for Someone" single back in September for download.  Not just for streaming on spotify like everywhere else.  You could actually download it in mp3 and flac versions.
OK, Aaron . . . . . . so I clicked on the link and read the discography info.  Interesting info.  Thank you for telling us about it.

My question:  If I live in the United States, can I use my desktop computer to go online to that website in the Czech Republic and download the MP3s of the two tracks?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 10:31:16 AM »
It's been a few months so just wondering if this has become available for sale anywhere else. Very frustrating to not have an MP3 of the only U2 b-side I can't access haha.

I'm sure others feel the same - any chance of this seeing the light of day soon?

Cheers!

I'm doubtful that it will ever pop up for sale elsewhere - maybe if they do some sort of collection down the road, but then again the live B-Sides don't tend to show up there...

I will say that both Brad (USA) and myself (Canada) were able to purchase this from the Czech website back in January.  To date I haven't personally had any issues with my credit card that would suggest there was any problems.  Most websites won't allow this to happen, and require users to be in a certain geographical area.  But this one didn't seem to have the same restrictions in place, but if i remember correct it was a bit of a struggle with the language to find what I was looking for and to get through the check out process.

enaul

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 08:18:50 AM »
I bought it by credit card from Belgium, Europe. No problem at all. Hope this helps.

U2Joshua

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 01:02:23 PM »
Same, here...  I'm in the U.S.  I've been purchasing from supraphonline.cz for almost a year now.  Perfect transactions, every time - VISA card.  No known issues of fraud, incorrect charges, etc.

I've purchased a number of rare/unique FLAC tracks/albums from them, now.