Author Topic: Spanish Box Set.  (Read 8618 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Spanish Box Set.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2015, 07:58:09 PM »
For those keeping track, two weeks ago "Boy" was supposed to be released. It was not, as there were production issues with that CD.  All copies were recalled although some made it out.  I spoke to my representative at Universal and while not clarifying what the issue was, they did confirm that the "Boy" release would be on January 3 now and would be the last audio CD released, with every other CD bumped ahead one week.  The DVDs due to be released at the end of the run are still scheduled for the same days.

The Hermit

• I'm a traveler of both time and space
    • My Collection
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 03:51:50 PM »
Could find one copy last day, will post here my review and pictures

The Hermit

• My Collection
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »
http://htaaac.free.fr/boy-boy-eu-cd-5363995.html

CD is mispressed, it plays Jarove Pesnicky (2008 jazz compilation album).

morgan1098

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »
So the "War" sleeve has gold lettering rather than red.

Also, is this the first time that Bono and Edge have appeared on the R&H CD face? All the versions I have seen are just black paint where that photo is.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 10:23:59 AM by Aaron »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 10:27:50 AM »
Yes, I believe that's the first time that Bono and the Edge appeared on the CD itself.  Interesting as well is that CD maintains it's original catalog number "CID 027" on the CD.  The only other CD I've seen so far that does that is Zooropa.  Most have just been replaced with the catalog number for this particular release. 

The gold colour on War looks really odd to me.  Not sure I'll get used to that. 

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 06:39:37 PM »
CD is mispressed, it plays Jarove Pesnicky (2008 jazz compilation album).

There's at least one auction on eBay that is claiming it plays "The Life of a Hustla" by Young Jaro.  So perhaps there are multiple versions out there of what is on the CD?

morgan1098

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 01:15:21 PM »
Yes, I believe that's the first time that Bono and the Edge appeared on the CD itself.  Interesting as well is that CD maintains it's original catalog number "CID 027" on the CD.  The only other CD I've seen so far that does that is Zooropa.  Most have just been replaced with the catalog number for this particular release. 

The gold colour on War looks really odd to me.  Not sure I'll get used to that. 

Yeah, the gold on War is weird. The black and white and gold is almost Joshua Tree-esque.

My guess is that the "new" R&H CD face was what they had in the pipeline for the R&H remaster/deluxe set, which never happened. Or maybe it still will someday.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 05:32:13 PM »
My guess is that the "new" R&H CD face was what they had in the pipeline for the R&H remaster/deluxe set, which never happened. Or maybe it still will someday.

Rattle and Hum never got to that stage.  The group working on the remasters did no work on "Rattle and Hum" and their next couple of identified projects did not include it.

Nikabrik

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2015, 09:36:07 PM »
I just want to go on the record saying that I am totally jealous and more than a little annoyed that other countries don't get to purchase these (aside from paying a fortune to import them). I saw pictures of the POP digipak on Twitter today and it was the last straw.

morgan1098

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 12:22:24 PM »
I just want to go on the record saying that I am totally jealous and more than a little annoyed that other countries don't get to purchase these (aside from paying a fortune to import them). I saw pictures of the POP digipak on Twitter today and it was the last straw.

I agree. The packaging is gorgeous for magazine CDs. I know I could get these for a premium, but I'm too cheap.

The Hermit

• My Collection
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 10:45:11 PM »
2 differents copies of Boy show different matrix as the CD was repress by another factory.