Author Topic: Films of Innocence / Songs of Innocence +  (Read 6664 times)

Zbych

Re: Films of Innocence / Songs of Innocence +
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 05:45:45 AM »
Ok, thx to Sparko from U2T... it is secured, I shall rip the audio from mp4 file in about 7-10 hours when at home. The differences are noticable at first listen.

miryclay

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 11:02:03 PM »
Yeah, today was wife appreciation day and a visit to a nice chocolate shop where they make it and sell it right there, so this little U2 mystery was of little consequence... if you feel me...

Ok, that last link from miryclay is actually the album version and not a different mix. So the first one Nikabrik was talking about IS an alternative mix. I have that alternative mix. It has a bit more Edge going on at times in the right channel, just before and during the chorus, "If you go...", and Bono sings 3 different lines in the chorus.

Baby every dog on the street
Knows we got a hunger to feed
In between the night and its need
We go chasing every breaking wave

It is very interesting. That awkward use of (de---feat) is changed, but 'every dog on the street' stays the same. Or maybe this 'alternative' mix was first and then modified. Who knows?

Where did this one come from? Was/Is this alt. version ever streaming on U2.com? Or just on Vimeo? The other curious thing is you hear Robin Rhode say., " This is a waternark for Robin Rhode." He says that at the beginning and again later. So I believe this is certainly legit U2, but not meant for release...you wouldn't hear a watermark announced like that, lol.
Ah...somebody made a mistake putting this version online.

What probably happened was that they gave him an early version and changed it at the last minute. The u2.com links are only links to platform sites. What does the video artwork contain? Any extras from those who bought?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 12:12:08 PM »
The mix was probably an early mix given to the artists before the completion of the album.  They were probably watermarked by the U2 gang to prevent the artist from leaking the track in anyway, and the fact that the artist is mentioned by name, if it leaked they would have known where it came from.  It was quickly removed from the site and replaced with the video with the album mix of EBW, and that is also the version found in the paid version on iTunes.  So I think that was the intended video, and somehow an early rough version got out there...

miryclay

u2hmtmkmkm

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 11:51:43 PM »
Wow I am infinitely glad they went with the album version. I can't enjoy that chorus no matter how much I try. The lyrical differences don't hurt it, though, but I prefer "every dog on the street."

miryclay

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
TIWYCRMN also has some added sound effects.