Author Topic: U2.Com 2014 Membership Package.  (Read 49229 times)

slaneman

Re: U2.Com 2014 Membership Package.
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2015, 11:26:06 PM »
My copy shipped to an earlier address (I moved 2 months ago) but I had a change of address on file with USPS. Why did the fan club use a 2 month old address? Oh well...

I like the sound of this recording. You should turn it up loud and just be amazed how good the playing is. I've listened to untold hours of early U2 shows but nothing that sounds like this. I don't blame Bono a bit for some chest thumping on the side 4 narrative. They rip the tempos to shreds. This is fast playing. At some points Larry might be breaking furniture on stage. Side 3 with Stories For Boys, Boy/Girl, and Out of Control one after another is like an express train barely staying on the tracks. Great stuff.

Nikabrik

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2015, 12:19:02 AM »
Mine just arrived, unfortunately pretty beat up in one corner. Not a big deal, but what is a bit annoying/odd is that they included printed inner sleeves for the vinyl (cool!), but left them empty and placed the records in the jacket using clear mylar sleeves, (hmm, okay, nice!), possibly because there's no way those printed sleeves are fitting inside the jacket - with or without the vinyl inside (argh.)

First I thought they must have kept the sleeves separate to preserve their condition, but now I think they accidentally made the sleeves too big and ended up just tossing them in the package like extras. Anyone else have this issue?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2015, 08:05:39 AM »
@Nikabrik -- did yours come shrink wrapped?  Are the inner sleeves just loose, or were they shrinkwrapped in the center or something?

morgan1098

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2015, 09:39:36 AM »
I forgot about the inner printed sleeves! I'm going to have to open mine and check those out. Also, like Nikabrik, my copy is slightly bent on the top left corner.  :(

And Aaron, yes, the whole package is shrinkwrapped and it looks like the inner sleeves are simply placed loose inside the outer gatefold. But Nikabrik can probably offer more detail since he has actually already opened his.

Also, I emailed U2.com asking when the rest of the album would be available for download and got this rather unhelpful response from Hector:

Hello Don,

Thank you for contacting us!

At this time we do not have release date and times. A limited amount of tracks are ready to download from your Fan Club membership account. We suggest you check your account for updates.

Sincerely,
Hector
U2.com Team
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 09:44:28 AM by morgan1098 »

Nikabrik

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2015, 11:11:46 AM »
It came shrink wrapped. The inner sleeves were just loose in the middle of the gatefold, yeah. And I guess that's where they'll stay, cause like I said, it felt like I was going to wreck them if I tried to squeeze them into the jacket.

I saw you mention that in the past Live Nation has replaced damaged copies, do you know where the contact info is for that? Mine is more than just slightly bent.

morgan1098

« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2015, 11:30:03 AM »
Go to U2.com/help and make sure you're signed in to your account. There's a "contact us" area on the right side with a drop down box where you can indicate a problem with your order.

In the past they have been very helpful with replacements. I had a slight imperfection with my "From the Ground Up" book, and after contacting them about it I somehow ended up with two additional copies.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2015, 11:34:33 AM »
http://u2.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/help?sourceCode=U2TWEBWWUSD

That should give you most of the links that you would need...under customer service at the bottom it gives you a link to a webform - but also contact numbers are published there. 

u2hmtmkmkm

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2015, 06:30:40 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the first to notice that the songs have all been added digitally on the U2.com website now?

enaul

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2015, 03:18:08 AM »
The Songs are uploaded. Side D not ...

Nikabrik

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2015, 09:12:53 AM »
FYI, I tried to reach out via the contact form on U2.com/help, and a week later I got an e-mail telling me that they no longer handle the fanclub or whatever. They gave me new contact info, so something has changed on that front.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2015, 05:08:52 PM »
FYI, I tried to reach out via the contact form on U2.com/help, and a week later I got an e-mail telling me that they no longer handle the fanclub or whatever. They gave me new contact info, so something has changed on that front.

Yes the U2 fan club is now being run by different people according to several reports, and the transition is underway leading to some confusion.  Madonna's fan club is going through the same thing.  It's been suggested that it is some group under ticketmaster that is going to be operating the fan club from here...but I've yet to see confirmation of that...

morgan1098

« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2015, 11:12:28 AM »
Finally listening to this for the first time after downloading the tracks. Considering how long ago this was recorded and how early it was in the band's career, the sound quality is nothing short of amazing. No sweaty pub show should sound this good!

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2015, 04:07:47 AM »
Strange that they used that image which featured Out of Control (the American single) and Boy/Girl audio from the Marquee which was issued in the UK.
Out Of Control (the American single) ?
What are you referring to?

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2015, 04:11:51 AM »
Is it determined now that because of Bono's comments on the forthcoming vinyl this will be the Sept 29tth gig, the last of the 4 Marquee shows?  Both U2gigs and U2tours seem to think so.
According to the Wanderer discography, the live track Boy-Girl is from September 22, 1980
Are the 10 live tracks from Sept 22  or  Sept 29 ?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2015, 08:57:37 AM »
Strange that they used that image which featured Out of Control (the American single) and Boy/Girl audio from the Marquee which was issued in the UK.
Out Of Control (the American single) ?
What are you referring to?

The US "I Will Follow" single has the same image on the back of the sleeve. The b-side was a live version of "Out of Control" (Boston 03/06/81).