Author Topic: U2.Com 2014 Membership Package.  (Read 48669 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: U2.Com 2014 Membership Package.
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 03:56:22 AM »
You will be able to subscribe at any time up until late November 2015 and . . . . . . .
. . . . . . .
 . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .
 . . . . . . in the fall when the new gift is announced or tickets for 2016 go on sale.
Aaron

Thank you very much for the feedback, Aaron.  You made several very good points.  I wish I could go to an arena show in the Colorado/Wyoming/Utah area rather than a stadium.  In the meantime, I'm just going to hold off on starting a new U2.com subscription.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 07:42:41 AM »
Sales are kind of bad right now I'm hearing.  So they may re-evaluate going to stadiums as well.  2016 has more unknowns than knowns.  I'm just hoping we get the next album soon.  :)

slaneman

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »
I received a gift subscription last week. My presale code had a line through it. Does that mean I could get a new one whenever they announce another presale?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 12:04:44 PM »
I received a gift subscription last week. My presale code had a line through it. Does that mean I could get a new one whenever they announce another presale?

No idea.  I've not heard of this happening to anyone.  Mine, even with the code used, is still displayed without a line through it. 

slaneman

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 01:30:19 PM »
Interesting.  :)

miryclay

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:50:09 PM by miryclay »

u2hmtmkmkm

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2015, 09:38:49 PM »
So that limits the possibilities to:

June 7, July 13, September 8, September 15, September 22, September 29, November 26 or November 27.

According to u2tours, only the September 29 show has a known full setlist, while November 27 is only partially known. Hopefully there can be some surprises in the show they do release.

If we take the U2.com website literally when it said "the band's debut LP Boy was released on vinyl," and the album was released on October 20, 1980, the subscriber gift would have to be from the only two shows at the Marquee in 1980 after October which were November 26 and November 27.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:48:49 PM by u2hmtmkmkm »

miryclay

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2015, 12:37:13 AM »
If I had to choose between the literal and the figurative with u2 I would always go with the figurative.

I'd bet my bottom dollar it is Sept 22

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2015, 10:28:20 AM »

No idea.  I've not heard of this happening to anyone.  Mine, even with the code used, is still displayed without a line through it.

My code is now displaying with a line through it.  I guess it just took them some time to update?  This is happening even though the subscription has not been renewed.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2015, 10:31:30 AM »
If I had to choose between the literal and the figurative with u2 I would always go with the figurative.

I'd bet my bottom dollar it is Sept 22

I'm with miryclay
Especially since we know they have a recording of that performance:

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/sing005.html

They used Boy/Girl from that performance as a B-Side for "I Will Follow" - and that image of the cover?  That was originally used on the backside of the 1981 USA / Canada release of "I Will Follow".  :-)

u2hmtmkmkm

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2015, 08:23:01 PM »

Wise.

and that image of the cover?  That was originally used on the backside of the 1981 USA / Canada release of "I Will Follow".  :-)

Is it just me that finds it so rewarding to see an image like that restored and digitised to its best quality after seeing a 30 year old scanned copy in all its degraded glory? I love that they keep all that stuff stored somewhere to reuse in the future. How could they have possibly known all the way back then that it would be useful down the line so many years later? Unreal.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:28:22 PM by u2hmtmkmkm »

miryclay

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2015, 09:42:52 PM »
Strange that they used that image which featured Out of Control (the American single) and Boy/Girl audio from the Marquee which was issued in the UK. That US single was the early single I probably treasure the most. 

morgan1098

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 05:53:36 PM »
Track list announced, downloads coming soon, the set is in production:

http://www.u2.com/news/title/another-time-another-place---tracklisting?utm_source=WhatCounts%20Publicaster%20Edition

Bono's recorded a special contribution to the upcoming vinyl release 'Another Time, Another Place'.

The double 10" album, produced for U2.com subscribers, captures the band playing live at London's Marquee Club in 1980, as they took early songs on the road across Ireland and the UK.

On Side 4 of the the limited edition set, Bono looks back to September 1980, and four consecutive Mondays that the band played the famous Soho venue.

'The first Monday it was half full, the second Monday nearly full, the third Monday they had to turn people away, the fourth Monday, there were queues round the block, across the road and Wardour Street looked like an A-bomb had landed on it – we thought of it as "The Irish Invasion" – it’s incredible what a few hundred people believing in you does for your self confidence...'

Here's the track listing.

The Ocean
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh - Into The Heart
A Day Without Me
The Electric Co.
Things To Make and Do
Stories For Boys
Boy Girl
Out of Control
Another Time, Another Place: U2 At The Marquee Club, September 1980 by Bono

'Another Time, Another Place' is now in production and we'll be emailing qualifying subscribers with dispatch details in the next few weeks. In May we'll also start making the tracks available to download.

u2hmtmkmkm

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 07:16:28 PM »
Track list announced, downloads coming soon, the set is in production:

In May we'll also start making the tracks available to download.

The email sent to subscriber also stated: "In the meantime next month you'll be able to start downloading some of the tracks."

Those lines from the news article on U2.com make it sound like all the tracks will be available to download, which is encouraging. But the line from the email sent to subscribers makes it sound like only a few tracks will be available. I hope the former is the case. I don't have a record player. And rips of vinyls don't sound as good as digital files. I'd also prefer a lossless version to be uploaded, like they did with the Achtung Baby! downloads, but if it has to be a lossy digital version, so be it.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2015, 08:43:55 AM »
Pretty vague language on the website and in the email. I do hope they make the whole thing available digitally.

If history serves, they have made all of their recent "vinyl only" releases available digitally in one form or another. Soon and Wide Awake in Europe were streamed (and pretty easy to download). Ordinary Love came with a download card. The 12" mix of Crystal Ballroom was streamed and included as a CD bonus track in Japan.