Author Topic: New Song: "Invisible" for Red.  (Read 13637 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: New Song: "Invisible" for Red.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 03:35:55 AM »
I like Invisible a lot.  I like Ordinary Love a little bit more, though.  Both have good melodies and harmonies that I can hear with good earphones.  I'm happy both of these new tracks sound nothing like Get On Your Boots.  For me . . . . . . Get On Your Boots was a scary beginning to the No Line On The Horizon era.  The only version of Get On Your Boots I like is the Fish Out Of Water mix.

I downloaded Invisible about 5 minutes after I saw the U2 tv commercial during the first half of the Super Bowl.  I was surprised my download from iTunes went so well.  I expected the download to be delayed because of other people downloading it at the same time as me.   :D

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:40:22 AM by dagobah »

morgan1098

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 12:35:34 PM »
I like "Invisible" more after listening to it a few times. I still hear elements of other songs in there, especially "Beautiful Day" and New Order's "Krafty." But I like it overall, especially the intro, the wonky synth solo, and the bombastic lift-off when Larry's real drums kick in. I'm still looking forward to what the band has accomplished with Danger Mouse, but to be honest I think my favorite of the recently released songs is the Paul Epworth mix of "Ordinary Love."

And I definitely agree Dagobah... both of these songs are preferable to Get on Your Boots!

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 01:09:20 PM »
::: It grows in me every new time played...yes, it was a BD intro, but quickly switchs the pace.

I'm sure it'll be a more popier album than NLOTH, closer to ATYCLB, as 'Ordinary Love' and 'Invisible Proves'...no signs of The Edge on fire in this two songs, but probably in the last 4 or 5 tracks of the next cd.  8)

We want cd promos, cardsleeve in Europe and Slimcases for UK, regular cases for the American Continent...let's start the par-tay!

dagobah

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 06:30:19 AM »
. . . . but to be honest I think my favorite of the recently released songs is the Paul Epworth mix of "Ordinary Love."

I listened to the Paul Epworth Mix of Ordinary Love on YouTube, but I suspect I'm the only person who does not know how to get it (whether in physical form or in digital form).  Does anyone know?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:49 AM »
I think your best bet is still to grab the MP3 from SoundCloud, though it's only 128 kbps MP3.

They have recently made it trickier than it has been in the past, but you can still grab it from the cache if you are using the Chrome browser. There are some standalone apps that download MP3s from SoundCloud as well, but you have to be wary of malware when you go looking for them.

dagobah

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 03:14:18 AM »
Brad, thanks for the detailed info.  I really appreciate it.

slaneman

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
Set your DVRs! Check local listings as they say. You have to admire the timing for a premier U2 performance - the first Fallon show in his new time slot. A few people might be tuning in...along with a few U2 fans.  :)

dagobah

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 12:26:45 AM »
Set your DVRs! Check local listings as they say. You have to admire the timing for a premier U2 performance - the first Fallon show in his new time slot. A few people might be tuning in...along with a few U2 fans.  :)
Thanks for the heads-up last night.  I watched both song performances on YouTube and I really enjoyed them.  Bono seemed passionate about singing these new songs live.  I was impressed with the background view of the roof-top performance of Invisible.  The sky was beautiful.

morgan1098

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
When he was introducing the band, Jimmy Kimmel held up a large cover of Invisible... it looked like a 12" or 10" vinyl format. But this was likely just an enlarged iTunes cover for promotional purposes, right? There's not a vinyl release in the pipeline, is there?  Maybe something is coming for Record Store Day in April?

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2014, 05:24:45 AM »
better scans from my copy

http://htaaac.free.fr/others.html
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:31:56 AM by yseilys »

miryclay

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 05:58:23 AM »
When he was introducing the band, Jimmy Kimmel held up a large cover of Invisible... it looked like a 12" or 10" vinyl format. But this was likely just an enlarged iTunes cover for promotional purposes, right? There's not a vinyl release in the pipeline, is there?  Maybe something is coming for Record Store Day in April?

That would be great, even a 45. The thing Fallon held up was called a promo flat. Not a record.

miryclay

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »
A reasonably?@# priced copy of Invisible CD Promo on Ebay:

dagobah

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 03:29:51 AM »
Recently, I created a playlist for my iPOD Shuffle and two of the tracks in it were invisible and ordinary love.  I still love the songs.  I think these two songs still have the U2 style, instrumentally and vocally.  Based on those two tracks, I do not feel U2 is trying to go into a new direction . . . . . . regardless of what percussion instruments are being used.

When I listen to these two songs with my earpods in my ears, I hear sounds that I would not hear if the songs were playing on home stereo speakers or computer speakers or the car radio or the car CD player.  I think the songs are brilliant.

In iTunes, I created a U2 album category titled ā€œnew albumā€ and for the moment . . . . . that is where these two songs are located.  If U2 release a new album, Iā€™m not sure where I will place invisible and ordinary love in my iTunes library.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 03:31:44 AM by dagobah »

miryclay

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2014, 03:29:37 PM »
Japanese promo of Invisible on Ebay: