Author Topic: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE  (Read 90428 times)

Andrey_VI

Re: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2014, 06:33:06 AM »
New interview (was taped on Wednesday) with Bono and The Edge at Absolute Radio's Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show: http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/podcasts/Christian-O-Connell-Daily-Choice-Cuts/2014-10-18/20141018075052/

enaul

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2014, 10:04:13 AM »
I just finished editing the "acoustic sessions" and separating "Sleep Like a Baby" from "Invisible" in iTunes. Now I have Disc 2 of SOI properly sequenced as an 11-track album.

Ditto, but I did with the CD and a software program called Goldwave. Now I have "Invisible" as the album's first track in my library, and (due to my aforementioned thoughts on Lykke Li's unappealing contribution to the track) swapped the placement of the alternate version of "The Troubles" with the album version.
I use
  • Exactaudiocopy to copy the CD and convert in flac,
  • CD Wav Editor to split the file and and save it as a cue sheet (but you have to edit with notepad to delete the drive letter e. g. C:\),
  • Foobar 2000 to convert to mp3,
  • LAME.exe as a mp3 converter,
  • FLAC.EXE as a flac converter.
Apologies for the non U2 content.

u2hmtmkmkm

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2014, 01:56:40 PM »
In an email I received a couple days ago from U2.com, it stated:

If you got the new album digitally last month, you might want to complete Songs of Innocence on iTunes with the bonus songs, acoustic sessions... and a special surprise.

Did anyone get the deluxe version digitally to know what the surprise is? Is it Invisible? Or did the digital version have something else that I'm not aware of?

God, Part II

« Reply #123 on: October 18, 2014, 03:06:21 PM »
In an email I received a couple days ago from U2.com, it stated:

If you got the new album digitally last month, you might want to complete Songs of Innocence on iTunes with the bonus songs, acoustic sessions... and a special surprise.

Did anyone get the deluxe version digitally to know what the surprise is? Is it Invisible?

I'm positive that's what it is. That said, I'm not buying crap from iTunes as long as CDs still exist in this world.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #124 on: October 18, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
Nothing extra in the digital version. I think the reference was to "Invisible"

miryclay

« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2014, 08:31:27 AM »
I just finished editing the "acoustic sessions" and separating "Sleep Like a Baby" from "Invisible" in iTunes. Now I have Disc 2 of SOI properly sequenced as an 11-track album.

Ditto, but I did with the CD and a software program called Goldwave. Now I have "Invisible" as the album's first track in my library, and (due to my aforementioned thoughts on Lykke Li's unappealing contribution to the track) swapped the placement of the alternate version of "The Troubles" with the album version.
I use
  • Exactaudiocopy to copy the CD and convert in flac,
  • CD Wav Editor to split the file and and save it as a cue sheet (but you have to edit with notepad to delete the drive letter e. g. C:\),
  • Foobar 2000 to convert to mp3,
  • LAME.exe as a mp3 converter,
  • FLAC.EXE as a flac converter.
Apologies for the non U2 content.

No problem, I am always curious about sound lineage

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »
From the front page at U2wanderer.org (Yes, we do update there from time to time):

http://www.u2wanderer.org/

2014-10-21> Update on the Japan releases: The one-disc version appears to have no extra tracks. On the two-disc version "Invisible" is listed as a sixth track (yes listed separate from "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight", and "The Crystal Ballroom (12-Inch Remix)" is listed as track seven on the OBI (on the second disc.)

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2014, 10:19:40 AM »
Where Invisible is listed???

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2014, 10:24:47 AM »
It's listed on the OBI which isn't present in the photo you posted - I believe that is the Thai release pictured above.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:27:04 AM by Aaron »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2014, 10:31:14 AM »
Deluxe version japan OBI

Track six reads Invisible. Track seven reads The Crystal Ballroom (12" Mix) Japan Exclusive Track.

God, Part II

« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
Deluxe version japan OBI

Track six reads Invisible. Track seven reads The Crystal Ballroom (12" Mix) Japan Exclusive Track.

Whoa, whoa, whoa--is this a CD, or just another vinyl?

slaneman

« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa--is this a CD, or just another vinyl?

ah, looks like he's talking about the Japanese SOI Deluxe CD package...sweet

morgan1098

« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »
DANG! I was hoping not to fork over money for the Japanese deluxe, but that CD version of Crystal Ballroom 12" Mix is too tempting.

It's strange that there hasn't been any confirmation of bonus tracks on this until it actually arrived in Aaron's mailbox on the other side of the world...

Are there extra Japanese booklets with this release? Anything else of note?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:07:55 PM by morgan1098 »

God, Part II

« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2014, 01:06:36 PM »
Son of a...I just knew I was gonna end up having to rebuy this thing...

Okay, next question--where are my best options for buying it? When I go to Amazon.jp, there are multiple listings and most of the text won't translate.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:10:41 PM by God, Part II »

morgan1098

« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2014, 01:25:21 PM »
I just bought a "Like New" copy from amazon.com for $10.00. But the listing is dodgy... I'm not sure what I'll be getting. The record company says Universal Japan, the title of the listing is "Songs of Innocence-Deluxe Edition (2CD Digipak)." But the product details say it's one disc. I could have emailed the seller first to make sure I'm getting the right version, but I didn't want to let it get away for $10 if it really is the Japan 2CD. We shall see!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NJ1MPD2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1