Author Topic: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE  (Read 91095 times)

morgan1098

Re: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »
Maybe this idea of a single track incorporating multiple songs is part of the new delivery service U2 is working on with Apple, being that they're talking about how to get people to listen to entire albums instead of just singles.

I'm excited by this acoustic session of multiple songs. It sounds like it could be a case of a producer hitting record while the band jammed in a studio, playing a handful of songs from their album, warts and all, without extra effects, without changing instruments and maybe only stopping briefly to discuss ideas about how to play the songs. I'm obviously using a bit of poetic license in my idea, but remaining hopeful.

They are still appearing for purchase individually at amazon.com in digital form.  So I guess I'll be adding that to the discography as individual songs and then making a note about the CD containing one long track.  Hoping that it's split in some countries out there...there's been editing differences in the past...

I'm hoping this will be an "Autorip" title at amazon. If you buy the CD then you get a free download. That would be an easy way to get the separated acoustic tracks.

morgan1098

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
I hate to give any press to the illegal downloaders on Interference, but the bonus disc has leaked online and there are two interesting observations from those who are listening to it:

1. The acoustic songs ARE divided into separate tracks (although this could have been done in an audio editing program by the person who uploaded it)
2. The version of "Invisbile" is the same basic mix, but it is indeed longer than the Red Edit version.  4:44 vs. 3:48

This is just what people are reporting. I'm going to wait until I have the actual CD in hand before I listen for myself.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:01:13 PM by morgan1098 »

slaneman

« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2014, 03:06:56 PM »
It's a beautiful day. Great to be a U2 fan.  ;)

God, Part II

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »
2. The version of "Invisible" is the same basic mix, but it is indeed longer than the Red Edit version.  4:44 vs. 3:48

Glory, glory, hallelujah!  ;D

Still bummed that the dangling carrot stick of retailer exclusive tracks got cruelly yanked away, though...

morgan1098

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2014, 04:18:26 PM »
More tidbits... SPOILERS for those waiting to hear the CD:

1. Sleep Like a Baby has almost totally different lyrics
2. Lucifer's Hands is Return of the Stingray Guitar!
3. Lucifer's Hands has the lyric "I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me" which was of course first heard on "Rejoice" from October

I'm still holding out for the physical CD...

u2hmtmkmkm

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2014, 03:28:02 AM »
Wow, all three of those bits of info were mind-blowing. Can't wait for Lucifer's Hands now.

My brother works at a retailer that currently has the CDs embargoed and ready to sell tomorrow, which means I should be able to get a hold of the CD by this time tomorrow, i.e. 24 hours from when this posts (wherever you all are). So that means I can get it on the 10th, despite the release apparently being the 13th. If I can indeed get a hold of the disc, does anyone want me to post what I find on here or just PM it?

morgan1098

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »
Post here! I'm still not 100 percent sure if the acoustic sessions are broken up into separate tracks or if they are just one long track on the CD. There are conflicting reports.

miryclay

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2014, 11:12:42 AM »
you could always do it Audacity if you felt inclined. I am reading that the Japanese deluxe has extra extra versions

morgan1098

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2014, 11:25:46 AM »
you could always do it Audacity if you felt inclined. I am reading that the Japanese deluxe has extra extra versions

REALLY? Do you have a link or any other info? I've been scouring for information on this.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »
for those who are u2.com subscribers site is now streaming "The Crystal Ballroom (12" Mix)" on the newest news page:
http://www.u2.com/news/title/the-crystal-ballroom-12-mix-now-streaming
256kbps mp3 file.

morgan1098

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
A couple updates related to previous posts:

1. U2.com's pre-order page links to Universal Japan for the Japan version, and there are NO bonus tracks listed. In fact, the acoustic sessions aren't listed at all.
http://store.universal-music.co.jp/fs/artist/u2/uici1134

2. Amazon.com now says that the deluxe edition IS an "Autorip" title, which means if you buy the set from amazon you should get the acoustic tracks as free separate downloads.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NI5RLOW/ref=asliqfspasiniltlie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00NI5RLOW&linkCode=as2&tag=intersrecor05-20

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »
The HMV Japan listing for the deluxe set only lists the same four tracks.  But they were late announcing what the acoustic tracks were so perhaps the listings haven't been updated to reflect the new information.  The HMV Japan listing has been the same forever.

jw

« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
2. Amazon.com now says that the deluxe edition IS an "Autorip" title, which means if you buy the set from amazon you should get the acoustic tracks as free separate downloads.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NI5RLOW/ref=asliqfspasiniltlie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00NI5RLOW&linkCode=as2&tag=intersrecor05-20

The vinyl also shows auto-rip which I'm hoping means you also get the Crystal Ballroom 12" Mix.

morgan1098

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2014, 03:57:22 PM »
A guy who ordered the deluxe CD and vinyl from Bull Moose (a famous indie seller) got an e-mail stating that the release is delayed until 10/20. I'm guessing this just refers to the vinyl. Amazon still lists 10/14 for both vinyl and CD. This is likely just an issue with Bull Moose and their distributor, but FWIW...

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »
PS the Japan domestic cds arrive on October 22, a full eight days after the North American release.   I've got both versions on order.  Because I'm nuts like that.