Author Topic: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE  (Read 90393 times)

morgan1098

Re: New U2 album SONGS OF INNOCENCE
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
U2 is on the cover of Time magazine again!

Just to be clear, U2 is only on the cover of the international edition. Readers in the United States, you're going to have to import yours. *irritated sigh*

Sorry about that. Yeah, I didn't realize it was the international edition until later in the day.   :'(

At the end of the second video interview in the story, Bono mentions that Larry's son Elvis will be on the cover of the album.

miryclay

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 09:35:52 PM »
Looks like they are going back to the the Boy theme

God, Part II

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 10:40:07 AM »

Sorry about that. Yeah, I didn't realize it was the international edition until later in the day.   :'(

Now that I read back over what I wrote, I wanted to clarify that my *irritated sigh* was over the frustration of having to import the magazine, not the fact that you didn't mention the U2 cover was only on the international edition. I hope you weren't unintentionally offended.

morgan1098

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 01:39:02 PM »

Now that I read back over what I wrote, I wanted to clarify that my *irritated sigh* was over the frustration of having to import the magazine, not the fact that you didn't mention the U2 cover was only on the international edition. I hope you weren't unintentionally offended.

I knew what you meant. No worries!!!

Oh, and is this the cover?  Wow.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 10:22:11 AM »
U2 is on the cover of Time magazine again!

Just to be clear, U2 is only on the cover of the international edition. Readers in the United States, you're going to have to import yours. *irritated sigh*

Last time Bono was on the cover of Time it was only on the US Edition I seem to remember.  So it's time to reverse that.  Hoping Canada gets the International cover.  If we do I might be able to help some of you out with copies if you want.

slaneman

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »
Don't miss the radio interviews laid out for you on the front page. Jo Whiley and Dave Fanning are the 2 best imho. Tx Aaron.

The Dave Fanning interview I thought was the most entertaining, since they are the oldest of friends and Fanning can apply the needle as well as anyone, plus talk as fast as Bono. Here's a nugget---

Part of the future for digital music on the 'interweb'  or 'blogosphere' as B calls it--

Dave Fanning: 'and are we talking hi-res, studio master quality downloads on iTunes?'
Bono: 'Yes'

hmmmm...

Andrey_VI

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2014, 07:43:00 AM »
Thanks Andrey - I caught that one this morning getting up.  There's a couple of others listed there now as well.  Including KFOG and a German interview I'm having troubles finding a link to.  If anyone spots a link to the German one give me a shout and I'll get it added.  There's a few more happening later today.  I kind of love they are giving all this love to radio.  Fits into the looking back they are doing with the album in my opinion.

morgan1098

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 11:28:12 AM »
According to the interview with Dave Fanning, "Invisible" will also be on the physical release!  Interview excerpt on U2.com:
http://www.u2.com/news/title/this-is-about-songs

'Invisible', released earlier this year to support the fight against AIDS, will feature on the physical album, coming in October. 
‘Invisible’ is about U2‘s first ever journey to London. In fact, the album is “all about first journeys. California’ is about first time in LA and all of that. ‘Song for Someone’ is about the awkwardness of falling in love and sex...'

God, Part II

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 07:04:25 PM »
According to the interview with Dave Fanning, "Invisible" will also be on the physical release!

Friend, you just made my whole WEEK!  ;D

George

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
According to the interview with Dave Fanning, "Invisible" will also be on the physical release!

Friend, you just made my whole WEEK!  ;D

As soon as I read the news, I thought of you, which is weird because I don't actually "know" any of you!

My guess is that it won't be the same version that we got in January.  It may be the full (non edit) version or it may have been rerecorded (knowing how the Edge is it certainly was).  I still would like to see, as I think you would, an official CD release of the RED Edit version.

God, Part II

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »
As soon as I read the news, I thought of you, which is weird because I don't actually "know" any of you!

My guess is that it won't be the same version that we got in January.  It may be the full (non edit) version or it may have been rerecorded (knowing how the Edge is it certainly was).  I still would like to see, as I think you would, an official CD release of the RED Edit version.

If the album version is simply the (RED) Edit plus more, then I won't ever give the (RED) Edit another glance (I hate truncations of original tracks), but if it a re-recording/revised mix, then, yes, you're quite right.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2014, 02:35:16 AM »
I love Invisible.  If they release a different version on CD, then I hope they expand these two separate sections of the song . . . . . . because they are my favorite parts of the song:

2:54  to  3:05
Definitely my favorite part of the song.  There's so much room for Edge to continue playing.

3:35  to the end
You might ask . . . . . "3:35 to the end?  what the hell are you talking about?"
I just like the sound that guitar is making.  I realize it is audible before 3:35, but all the other instruments are playing and it's hard to hear it.  That guitar sound is finally isolated at 3:35.  They could extend this instrumental ending for maybe 30 seconds and continue that isolated guitar sound . . . . . and then Edge could play around with it some more.

George

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
I'd really like to know what will actually be on the deluxe edition of the album.  The release is two weeks away and all we still know is that there will be "some" acoustic tracks, along with the announced two new songs and two remixes.

What about Invisible?  How does that factor in?  Is that on the regular release as well?

Will different stores be getting different versions of the album?  Let's hope not, but please tell us soon as I'd like to put down a pre-order (okay, I actually already have at Amazon).

Importantly, will the remix of The Crystal Ballroom be made available shortly after to U2.com or perhaps on some future fan club CD?  I really, really don't want to waste my money on the vinyl if I don't have to (my collection requires one CD copy of each version of each track, so I do need the track, but I'd prefer CD).

morgan1098

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 01:18:30 PM »
Based on the information currently out there, here's what I believe will be on all versions of the deluxe:
Crystal Ballroom
Lucifer's Hands
The Troubles (Alternative Version)
Sleep Like a Baby Tonight (Tchad Blake Mix)
Invisible (IF the Fanning/Bono interview is to be believed)
Acoustic tracks (how many? that's a great question. One interview seemed to imply that there would be acoustic versions of every track on the album, but I doubt that will happen)

IN ADDITION, Billboard reported that there are three additional tracks set aside for retailer exclusives. So yes, Best Buy and maybe Target will get one or two additional tracks in addition to the above. I'm guessing there will be 6 or 7 acoustic songs on the basic deluxe, with three additional acoustic tracks divided between retailers. Hopefully we'll get a definitive answer soon!

Also, updated cover art: