Author Topic: Discography Updates: February 9, 2011  (Read 9801 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Discography Updates: February 9, 2011
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
Updated in the Discography:
Albums listing.
Singles listing.
Promo listing.
Solo - Bono listing.
Solo - Edge listing.
Solo - Larry listing.
Other U2 Apperances listing.

Last week we also updated the By Songs pages, and the Soundtrack listing.

Things to complete this week:

- another update to Soundtracks - I missed "Bruno" sigh!  I've been trying to forget it.
- another update to By Songs pages - "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" has a unique remix of Snakecharmer on it.  Need to add in the Duels tracklisting.

Things to complete long term:

- Individual entry pages for the items now listed in above sections.
- List of "Non Album Tracks" for casual collector - strips out the remixes, edits, etc, and just focusses on non album tracks.
- List of "Live Tracks" for casual collector - which songs have been released in a live format.
- Videography song listing.

If you're looking through the discography please give me a shout with anything I've missed.  I will be working on cleaning up things over the next few weeks.  Time to bring this baby back up to date.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Discography Updates: February 9, 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »
"Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" has a unique remix of Snakecharmer on it.

It drives me bonkers when people on this forum come up with this kind of stuff.  >:(

At least it's only costing me $11 this time.

MDuchek

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
Haha, luckily I managed to quit the habit a while ago.  At least it's a remix and not a version that's like 2 seconds shorter but otherwise the same.

"Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" has a unique remix of Snakecharmer on it.

It drives me bonkers when people on this forum come up with this kind of stuff.  >:(

At least it's only costing me $11 this time.

slaneman

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »

- another update to Soundtracks - I missed "Bruno" sigh!  I've been trying to forget it.

and only 88 cents! Must have! Rivals the incomparable Drunk Chicken! More melodic than Queen Of No Heart! Underrated masterpiece with more bad press than Spiderman!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002P7UCJ0/sr=1-1/qid=1297369526/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1297369526&sr=1-1&seller=&colid=&condition=used

;D ;D ;D

morgan1098

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 03:41:24 PM »
There's a new "EP" in the iTunes store as of late January called U2: Love Songs.  I don't know if this is really considered a digital EP, or if it's just a playlist that iTunes put together (the URL would suggest the latter).  But it does have fantastically horrible cover art.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/love-songs-u2/id417130962?wm=1

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:47:20 PM »
- another update to By Songs pages - "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" has a unique remix of Snakecharmer on it.  Need to add in the Duels tracklisting.

It's "Duals." Though I think U2 Duels would be more interesting.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 07:32:04 PM »

Oops.  My bad.  Maybe i was thinking of the current state of affairs between fan and fanclub over the releases lol.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 11:04:31 PM »
So I think this is one of those tracks that we all love to hate...

An edit of Stone's Eggs from Undark One as part of a continuous mix - on the album Modern Mantra by DJ Spooky.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/modern-mantra/id155908594

Sounds like a straight-up edit to me and not a remix.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »
Well, Aaron, now I'm a bit confused by the whole Snake Charmer thing. I received the 'Last Night a DJ Saved My Life' CD and the booklet says that this version of Snake Charmer was an exclusive promo release.

However, it appears to be identical to Snake Charmer (Reprise) from the Snake Charmer EP, going by what I have in iTunes. Admittedly, I have the EP on vinyl but I got the MP3s from someone else. The running time is 6:54 which corresponds to what you have in the disco.

I also have 'The Sun Does Rise' EP on CD, and the version of Snake Charmer (Reprise) on there is a decidedly different mix. I guess I will have to pull out the vinyl to see which version of the track is actually on the Snake Charmer EP.

At the very least, I think we can safely say that this is the only CD release of this particular mix.

I also picked up Modern Mantra by DJ Spooky. The version of Stone's Eggs on there appears to be just an edit of the album version.

We're getting quite esoteric here, methinks.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 08:10:52 AM »
Thanks Brad.  I'm moving next week but the record player hasn't been packed away yet.  If I get a chance I'll try to sort through this as well.  At least I was correct and this is different than the Reprise version on the Sun Does Rise EP.

Don't you love when I cause us to work at this stuff?!  LOL

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »
Finally updated the Soundtrack page to include "Bruno" - in that movie Bono sings on the track "Dove of Peace" with Bruno (Sascha Baron Cohen), Chris Martin from Coldplay, Elton John, Slash from Guns n' Roses, Snoop Dogg, and Sting.  * sigh *  No soundtrack available, but it is included in the movie.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 11:31:10 PM »

- List of "Non Album Tracks" for casual collector - strips out the remixes, edits, etc, and just focusses on non album tracks.
-

:::Heeeey, I've asked that!! I'm no casual collector  :o

I telling Baja you told me that.   ;D

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 11:33:41 PM »

::: I want to see a one on one Edge VS that Guy from The Killers....who came up with the solo-gtr from ''When We Were Miracle Young'' ?? Draw!! 8)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 03:38:24 AM »
For at least the past 6 months, whenever I clicked on this website in my Internet browser "favorite websites" list, it took me to some "updates" page (instead of the familiar main screen of the forum).  All this time, I figured my computer link would return to me being directed to the familiar main screen of the forum.  Well, I finally stopped waiting for the computer to adjust and found the main screen of the forum.  So, it's been a while since I've been on here.  I'm happy to see things are going good on the forum.

Does anybody know the titled of the upcoming U2 album?  I can't find a thread about the upcoming U2 album.  Does one exist?  I would love to read some of you folks speculating about the content of the album.  I was hoping to read info about whether the song "Winter" would be on the new album.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 07:33:03 AM »
@ Columbiaeagle -- I've been told the new album is no longer being called "Songs of Ascent" as it nears release.  That some of those songs may indeed be on this next album, but that the title and the concept has shifted somewhat.  Other than that I have no idea.

@ Santiago2u -- I said it was 'for casual fans' not that you were, and not that it was suggested by one.  :-)  I'm working on that and a list of all the live tracks.  Stay tuned for some articles for the front page on all of this.  :-)