Author Topic: No Line On Your Wallet  (Read 12373 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: No Line On Your Wallet
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »
I believe the 2 bonus tracks will be :

Every Breaking Wave and Tripoli and may be included as well on the box

Do you have any solid info on this?

Scarlet

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 07:53:40 PM »
unconfirmed , if not then it will be the tracks from the GOYB single :

No Line On The Horizon (Alternate)
Get On Your Boots (Will.i.am Remix)

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 08:30:46 PM »
Now that we all have at least one version of the new album... can anyone confirm for me if there is anything in one version that you don't get in the boxset?

For eg, is the magazine in the Magazine Edition any different to the hardcover book in the Boxset? And any idea about bonus tracks in some of the other versions? Or is there anything else?

I already know I have to get the Standard Edition here in Australia because it has a bonus track (NLOTH Alternate) but is there anything else? ie. posters, booklets, PAGES in booklets, tracks...

Thanks for any info on this.

Joe

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 08:36:33 PM »
I haven't heard of anything additional except for the "FEZ" video on the UK iTunes version.  It's apparently a short making-of video, though I haven't seen it myself.

The US iTunes version has yet to drop and apparently contains two top-secret bonus tracks, though I doubt they will end up being anything we haven't already heard.

I'm getting the Australian basic CD, the DVD boxset, and the US iTunes deluxe set.  I think that should cover just about everything.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 11:33:33 PM »
The iTunes pre-order of the album (non deluxe) came with two bonus tracks - NLOTH2 is the iTunes bonus track, and Get On YOur Boots (Crookers Remix) is the bonus track if you pre-ordered the album.  You also get a digital booklet.  Nothing special there...

I'll pick up my physical copy tomorrow (single cd) and I have a deluxe box set on it's way from the UK that I picked up when amazon had it on sale for approximately $29...

God, Part II

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 02:56:36 PM »
Yep, I was already intending to buy the big box (and, oh, is it mighty gorgeous) but I also threw the dice on the iTunes exclusives, since I'm a "gotta have it all" kind of fan.  Already had "NLOTH 2" from importing the CD single so it looks like I just spent $9.99 for "Get On Your Boots (Crookers Remix)".  Not particularly pleased about it, but I knew the deal going in...

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 09:10:41 PM »
Hmm this is pretty much what I expected (and hoped for).

It seems I should buy the Standard Edition here in Aus for that bonus track of NLOTH2 and so I can line it up next to all of their older albums (isn't that just a delight to see!)

As for the GOYB bonus track, we don't have that available in our iTunes store but I prefer to get their physical releases as part of my collection (here's to hoping it gets released on an upcoming single).

Ditto with the FEZ making-of video (that, to me, sounds like something that would go on a DVD, ie. maybe on a DVD single for this new album or an upcoming live DVD, as they've put making-of videos on those releases in the past)

I LOVE the big box too. The only downside (in my opinion) is the white will stain if I handle it too much. And it's the kind that won't take too well to being wiped with a damp anything. So I think I will keep that one in a protective display case while I use the the Standard Edition CD for usage.

I've even considered making copies of every single U2 CD I have so that I can use them and keep the originals for display and admiration only (I've already done it with some of the rarest singles) Is that weird? Urgh...

The only thing left seems to be the books/booklets/posters which I think are exactly the same as anything I have in the boxset but that will eventually become known in time.

Thanks for this, guys.

Joe

slaneman

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 01:04:51 AM »
Preordered the iTunes NLOTH mainly so I could get my own official low bit Croakers mix... :D
Well actually I wanted that booklet at the stroke of midnight. It took an hour to download the box set.
The hand written lyrics are sweet. It's a classy pdf. Somebody does Adobe professional quite well.
Already had Winter lossless dvd rip and I agree the iTunes version is inferior.

Got 2 copies of the Starbucks NLOTH with the Red sticker. It cost more but now I feel better. Almost.

Preordered some copies of the vinyl. 1 has arrived, the others are still backordered from Amazon. In fact, I already got an obscure book of Hölderlin poetry which was backordered at the same time. Vinyl demand seems to be increasing. Wake up, Amazon fools. Get more stock. There's some profit there.

U2 has consistently released excellent 180g 1/2 speed pressed vinyl over the last couple years--U2-18, all the remasters.This is no exception. The records are virtually noiseless. The full sized album art and booklet are 1st rate. Well worth the price of 18.99. Good stuff. Oh yeah, I like the sound better.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 01:30:11 AM »
Vinyl demand seems to be increasing. Wake up, Amazon fools. Get more stock. There's some profit there.

My local Best Buy had about 10 copies on vinyl on release day.  I went back two days later and they were all gone.  The box sets, on the other hand, didn't look like they had sold at all, unless they were restocking them.

Both Best Buy and Fred Meyer are starting to stock vinyl with some regularity here.

slaneman

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
Fred Meyer?? Aha...now I understand the 4am posts.  ;D

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »
Only my recent 4 AM posts.  I moved out here from Virginia in July.  ;D

I think this last move is permanent.