Author Topic: No Line On Your Wallet  (Read 12372 times)

slaneman

No Line On Your Wallet
« on: December 20, 2008, 02:37:01 AM »
I'm gasping for air...

If you're a serious collector, don't click on this link unless you went short on the market before it crashed...

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rs=&ref_=sr_nr_seeall_1&keywords=u2%20no%20line%20on%20the%20horizon&qid=1229753542&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Au2%20no%20line%20on%20the%20horizon%2Ci%3Apopular

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: No Line On Your Wallet
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 03:45:24 AM »
Yeah, I had seen that earlier today.  I will have to see details of what's included in which package, but for now I'll probably just get the CD/DVD set.

Of course, I said the same thing when The Bomb came out and I ended up buying at least three different versions.  ;D

slaneman

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:35:12 PM »
Or a normal fan can just pick up the CD for 9.95 and be happy.

I'm sure the double vinyl is like the JT remastered vinyl-- one album, 1/2 speed pressing with 2-3 songs per side on 2 discs,  probably 180 gram. The price of 18 bucks is quite reasonable. Plus you get the full size pictures and text you can actually read. Hopefully the lyrics. I'll get this for sure.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »
How "official" is this? Where has it come from? U2.com haven't announced anything in the news section yet so is this coming from the band and the people behind them?

I like waiting for U2.com to explain what is in each edition also so I know which version(s) to pick so that I have everything that appears in the other editions. And so far Amazon itself barely knows what's in each one...

Or is Amazon making it's own "magazines" and "posters" that are independent of what U2 will include, such as the vinyls and CDs and DVDs which will obviously be official?

Urgh... too many questions and no answers until U2 post the info themselves.

But clicking that link was almost better than sex...

slaneman

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:57:02 PM »
 Almost?    :D

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 02:48:57 AM »
LOL!

Girlfriend was around and I'm not particularly lookin' to break up so she needs to be under the impression that it is "almost"...

*darts eyes and ducks back into hiding*

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »
Just to add some more fuel to this awesome fire...

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/u2%20to%20release%20five%20versions%20of%20album_1090199

Reports of U2 announcing the different versions of the new album. Still waiting for it on U2.com...

slaneman

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:06:49 AM »
In a paroxysm of lunacy I've preordered a bunch of things. I'll have to downgrade my Titleist to an el Cheapo  ???

Brad, I'll need that small loan we discussed earlier... :D

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 03:01:27 PM »
I'm gasping for air...

If you're a serious collector, don't click on this link unless you went short on the market before it crashed...

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rs=&ref_=sr_nr_seeall_1&keywords=u2%20no%20line%20on%20the%20horizon&qid=1229753542&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Au2%20no%20line%20on%20the%20horizon%2Ci%3Apopular

::: I'm serious Collector!! but Unemplyees can't afford sucha things!!

What are they thinking???  ::)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »
Well, I've pre-ordered the deluxe version on iTunes and the box set.  I'll probably order the single CD version from the UK as well since I like to have all of the albums lined up on the shelf in jewel cases.

I knew this was going to happen.  ;D

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 11:34:38 PM »
Okay now that we know (well most knew but I was waiting for confirmation from U2.com) the different formats that the album will be released in, does anyone know yet if the box format has everything that the other formats have? I know it's hard without them being released yet...
I mean I can see that the box format seems to have all of the things in the others, apart from the books in each one. There's the 64 page hardback book, the 64 page magazine, the 32 page booklet and the 16 page booklet all in different formats. Assuming the box format's hardback book has everything that's in the magazine and two booklets, then the box format would be the definitive collection of this album, wouldn't it? Hey? Hey?  ;D

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 12:25:42 AM »
Umm does anyone know about a bonus track on the new album?

I'm in Aus and an online store has a version of the album that has a bonus track. Track 12 is an alternate version of No Line On The Horizon. Is this anywhere else?

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Product/403127/NO-LINE-ON-THE-HORIZON-(+1-BONUS-TRACK)

slaneman

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 12:58:47 AM »
Dammed Aussies...you got great beaches, great looking women...why do you get the bonus track??

???

I expected it to be in the deluxe edition here like they did with the bomb...but don't really know. UK seems to have either 10 or 11 tracks with "Breathe" being a bonus. But Amazon US has no track listings yet. All I really know is what's on U2.com.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 01:50:44 AM »
Hmm. iTunes US has two extra tracks, one iTunes exclusive and one preorder bonus.  I assume one of those two would be the edit/version then.

Scarlet

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »
I believe the 2 bonus tracks will be :

Every Breaking Wave and Tripoli and may be included as well on the box

here is a link to amazon with a price drop and new image of the album cover

http://www.amazon.com/Line-Horizon-Limited-Poster-Book/dp/B001O5W6CK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1232482331&sr=8-2

and a nice pic of the box set