Author Topic: Sweetest Thing B-Side  (Read 4428 times)

rivergoat

• Parser
Sweetest Thing B-Side
« on: June 04, 2004, 03:16:06 PM »
Um, it's:

"If I turn her on fire, she turn me to straw"

and at the very very end of the song, just after the fadeout and just before that barely heard 'ding' on the guitar (you know what I'm talking about if you play this song full-blast like I do) }:)~ I found a little something. File will be sent shortly, someone is speaking. Muffled, so it's hard to decipher, possibilities include:

I love you
He loves you
Forgive me
Forgive him

I personally am leaning towards #3, but maybe you will come up with something completely different.

and a missed line in your lyrics page from this song:

You know we got a stormy kind of love
Oh, oh oh, the sweetest thing
Ah, the sweetest thing baby
Ooo love!

It's Bono on the backing vocals, faint but easily distinguishable. It may be 'My love' instead of 'Ah love' but I'm not going to work on this one. }:)~

goat

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:02:04 PM »
Actually it is usually transcribed "With eternal fire, she turn me to straw" but I think at times it may be "Tongue of fire, she turn me to straw" which is somewhat amusing.  The protaganist of the song has a very passive voice, "turning her on fire" doesn't seem to quite fit. I'll give it another listen later.

update: I added in change 2, with (forgive me) and change 3.

I don't agree "If I turn her on fire" if there is a 'her' in there it is pretty fast.  It would be "If I turn on fire, she turn me to straw" which works in a self-immolation kind of way. I listened to a few Elevation boots and it sounds like "with eternal fire" there so I'll stick with that just to end the coin toss.  The single mix is even clearer just "Eternal Fire"

[Edited on 2004-9-25 by Carl]

i_love_emma

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 07:58:56 AM »
it is 'eternal fire, she turns me to straw...'