Author Topic: EBTTRT--new mix?  (Read 4010 times)

morgan1098

EBTTRT--new mix?
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:05:52 AM »
Got this from the link on the u2wanderer home page.  This mix is pretty sweet.  It's definitely patterned on the live 360 version, but it's not live.  Where did it come from?  Maybe it'll be on the Achtung remaster?  It definitely sounds like a new mix, and not something from the archives.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=528382700043

God, Part II

Re: EBTTRT--new mix?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 01:40:52 PM »
Definitely new (though built upon the foundation of the old Apollo 440 mixes)...don't know who did it, why, or where to get it but, dammit, I LIKE IT!

u2expert

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 01:40:47 PM »
Does anyone know the exact date this video was posted on facebook?

Cheers,
u2expert

morgan1098

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
Does anyone know the exact date this video was posted on facebook?

Cheers,
u2expert

Nope.  But it's interesting that Facebook says it was posted "about a month ago" and yet it only started making news here and on other U2 fan sites this week.  Hmmm.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 01:50:44 AM »
#1:  I think this is the first Facebook link I have ever clicked on (when provided by any forum/message board) that allowed me to listen/view whatever was being linked; I'm not a member of Facebook (nor do I want to be) and it appeared to always prevent me from listening/viewing what was being linked

#2:  I loved this version of Even Better Than The Real Thing; I was able to really hear the bass guitar sound through much of this version (well, at least that's what I think I heard)

#3:  I find the woman in the video to be very attractive; I wish they showed more of her

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 04:12:48 PM »
that's the Fish Out of Water version.  I'm told it's being considered for a single release to promote the now announced "Achtung Baby 20 Year" re-release.

Yes.  Re-Release.  If they aren't using the word "remastered" in any of the release notes, then i'm guessing something's up...

morgan1098

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »
I don't know why they're not saying "remastered" in the press release, but OF COURSE it will be remastered.  There's tons of external evidence even if the press release doesn't say it.  There was that tweet from someone in the studio next door saying Achtung Baby was being remastered, there's U2's own promotional material/interviews saying the entire back catalogue would be remastered, etc. etc.  I think the wording of the press release is just an oversight.

slaneman

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »
There was that tweet from someone in the studio next door saying Achtung Baby was being remastered, there's U2's own promotional material/interviews saying the entire back catalogue would be remastered, etc. etc.  I think the wording of the press release is just an oversight.

I remember that tweet! It was on atU2 front page a few months ago.   

for what it's worth

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2010/09/16/u2-achtung-baby-reissue-remaster-special-edition/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:18:08 PM by slaneman »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »
I don't know why they're not saying "remastered" in the press release, but OF COURSE it will be remastered.  There's tons of external evidence even if the press release doesn't say it.  There was that tweet from someone in the studio next door saying Achtung Baby was being remastered, there's U2's own promotional material/interviews saying the entire back catalogue would be remastered, etc. etc.  I think the wording of the press release is just an oversight.

I hope it's just an oversite but the lack of mention of "Remastered" and the mention of the following:
"including the original Achtung Baby album, the follow-up album, Zooropa"
and
" is a 2xCD set containing the reissue of the original album plus B-sides and rarities."

Really make me wonder.  "The Standard CD is the original album." again leaves me wondering.

If you look at all the press for the other remasters they made it clear what they are doing.  Here not so much...