Author Topic: Numb Video Remix - Sample Source Challenge!  (Read 3199 times)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Numb Video Remix - Sample Source Challenge!
« on: June 20, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
As an amateur remixer, I'm often looking for neat sounds and samples from the public domain.
I thought about Emergency Broadcast Network's video remix of Numb and figured they use so many different video clips that at least some of them had to be public domain. The challenge is identifying them. I'm particularly interested in the clips of factory machinery, which look like they come from some kind of educational video.

So this thread is a challenge to everyone: identify any of the video clips from the Numb Video Remix.

I'll start with a completely fortuitous discovery. The dialogue at the beginning from "The high school crowd hasn't been very happy with our product lately" to "We can't sell the same thing to the same old crowd forever" comes from a scene in the Ed Wood film "The Sinister Urge." There are a few more clips from that scene inserted later, "don't you fret," etc., in the section ending "Don't believe the hype!" (The source of that one is probably really recognizable, but it escapes me).

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Numb Video Remix - Sample Source Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
That's probably the only sample I do know. Public Enemy.

miryclay

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 07:29:29 AM »
Nice find. Here is the exact clip...(33:50)

http:// www.youtube. com/ watch?v=7 neQGcTVsXY

This would be really challenging to track down every source but hey, give her a try.

miryclay

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 07:32:33 AM »
http://    www. youtube.com/ watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM