Author Topic: Which 'Last Night on Earth' single?  (Read 3663 times)

cos

Which 'Last Night on Earth' single?
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:28:03 PM »
Hi,
First post here, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.
I want to buy one of the two (UK release) 'Last Night on Earth' singles, just to get the 'Pop Muzik' track. Since it's on both versions of the single, which would you recommend I buy? I already have the studio version of 'Last Night on Earth' and 'Happiness is a Warm Gun (The Gun Mix)' on albums, which would suggest getting the version II single, but from the 30-second clips of 'LNOE (First Night in Hell Mix)' and 'Numb (The Soul Assassins Mix)' that I heard on iTunes, I'm not sure I'd be too keen on that single! [Haven't heard 'Happiness is a Warm Gun (The Danny Saber Mix)'.]
I'm not too concerned about buying a single just to further complete my U2 collection - I'd rather just buy the single that comes more highly recommended.
Thanks in advance.
cos

PekkaL

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 07:36:36 AM »
Hi!

Wonder if you've already decided by now... If not, I would definitely recommend the first version of the single, with three songs, even though you already have Happiness Is a Warm Gun. You'll want to own the single version of Last Night on Earth. The other single has every song labelled as a "Remix", so there's not that much U2 participation in there. It serves as a reminder, as in "oh, right, they were doing this in the 90s", but the music is mostly just bad. Definitely buy the first version, all the good songs are there. And with the first single, you'll get the beautiful digipack...

cos

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 05:40:21 AM »
Thanks for the very helpful reply. You're right - I did already make a decision on this one...and chose the single you recommended!