Site Related > Discography & Releases

ATYCLB Super Deluxe

(1/5) > >>

Panama Jack:
Yay for the announcement of the 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe of ATYCLB.  This album sometimes get a bad rap from "fans", but I love it and am excited to have this in my collection.

FYI... the 5CD set is up for pre-order on Amazon for $140. With that you get the book and all the swag, but if someone is only interested in the audio in CD quality, then Qobuz has it up for pre-order for $39.

dagobah:
Interesting!  I was hoping Pop would get the next Super Deluxe Edition release.  Now . . . . . I wonder if Pop ever will.

God, Part II:
Thank God it comes out one month after the Super Deluxe release of Prince’s SIGN ‘O’ THE TIMES because, even though U2 is my all-time favorite band, ATYCLB is my least favorite of their albums, while SIGN ‘O’ THE TIMES is probably Prince’s best. If I’d been forced to choose between the two at the same time, using the same paycheck, well...

dagobah:

--- Quote from: Panama Jack on September 10, 2020, 12:08:02 PM ---the 5CD set is up for pre-order on Amazon for $140
--- End quote ---
Panama Jack, thanks for posting this info.  Thanks to Aaron for documenting the information [at u2songs.com] about the different formats of this release [at least the info that's available as of now].  I've had a day to think about this and I think $140 is over-priced for the 5-CD version.  With a release date of October 30 . . . . I guess this All That You Can't Leave Behind re-release will be available before the Joshua Tree concert DVD.  Now that I think about it . . . . . . I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided to make the Joshua Tree concert DVD the fan club gift for the U2.com 2021 subscription.

God, Part II:

--- Quote from: dagobah on September 12, 2020, 06:18:57 AM ---Now that I think about it . . . . . . I wouldn't be surprised if someone decided to make the Joshua Tree concert DVD the fan club gift for the U2.com 2021 subscription.

--- End quote ---

So help me God, if they drop another pathetic, low definition DVD (a 24 year-old format!) on us again instead of a Blu-ray, I’ll scream. That’s not entitlement, that’s just asking for technology that actually matches our era.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version