Author Topic: U2.com Magnificent info  (Read 42485 times)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Re: U2.com Magnificent info
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2009, 01:44:48 AM »
Nerts to me. Nerts to them too, they're losing an order.
The saddest thing is that's a pretty standard clause in business today, and pretty much allows them to give you something other than what you bought. It's like if you brought an apple to the checkout at the grocery store and they switched it for a pound of hamburger after you paid.

morgan1098

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2009, 12:02:07 PM »
CD Universe still says it's 10 tracks as well.  I'm inclined to believe the Ideal Copy, but I'd like to see the 10-track version released if only to frustrate those who are selling the promo on ebay for way more than it's worth.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7954003

Z000

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2009, 07:15:17 PM »
I know, I've got my fingers crossed. Especially because I asked them to cancel my pre-order last night (very early this morning, technically) but got notification today it's been shipped. I can still return it if it's what we're expecting, but still.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2009, 08:04:27 PM »
Well, interesting at least that yours shipped. I was half expecting them to cancel the release at the last minute.

Honestly, I'm surprised that no one has seen one of these in the wild yet given that a lot of retailers receive their stock for the next week on Friday.

God, Part II

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2009, 08:42:49 AM »
I am a member of CollectU2@yahoogroups.com and another member there by the name of Darek Prokopowicz said he received the following email in his inbox from IdealCopy:

Thank you for ordering U2 - Magnificent (Remixes) CD from IdealCopy.com. Since you ordered, the track listing has been updated. Originally our supplier listed 10 tracks. That was incorrect. The CD will actually have 5 tracks. There is no 10-track commercial release for this single.
What hasn't changed is that this is still a US exclusvie release. We have continued to receive orders from all over the world since we updated the track listing, so we are confident that most customers will still want this item. However, we realize that since there was a track listing change, some may want to change their order. If you would like to change your order in any way, please review the product page on our site first (Search "Magnificent Remixes"), and get back to us by email. If we do not hear back from you by June 9 2009, we will process and ship your order as is.
Please note: The attached invoice is your original invoice - if you made any changes to your order, they will not be reflected in the attachment. Please contact IdealCopyOrders@ idealcopy. com if you cannot open/view the attachment or if you have questions. This may be your only invoice, so please keep it for your records - we are cutting down on paper invoices for environmental reasons.

Thank you for your business - we appreciate it very much.

Sincerely,

IdealCopy.com

I'll buy it, seeing as it's a) an official release and b) less fragile than a CD-R, but now I don't have to kick myself for buying the promo...although spending $100 for what amounts now to only five exclusive tracks hurts, lemme tell ya...

morgan1098

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2009, 09:58:43 AM »
I'm surprised a copy of this hasn't turned up "in the wild" yet, either.  I have avoided ordering it online because I'm still not sure about the tracklisting.  Best Buy's web site says "in store pickup not available," which means their brick and mortar stores won't actually carry it.  I'm planning to go to my local indie record store tomorrow to buy a copy.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »
Amazon just sent me notice that mine was shipped today...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2009, 04:59:16 PM »

Hmm...

Just posted on eBay.

Well, at least my promo copy has a unique insert.  :(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:05:44 PM by Brad »

Scarlet

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2009, 05:21:14 PM »

Hmm...

Just posted on eBay.

Well, at least my promo copy has a unique insert.  :(

I held off buying the promo for this reason. Sorry to all that paid a crazy amount for it. Very strange releases for this single.

Z000

Good luck, bad luck, who knows?
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2009, 11:08:32 PM »
A modern retelling of an old zen parable:

U2 releases a promotional CD of 10 remixes of Magnificent. I think, "Wow, cool!" but a voice in the back of my head suggests, "Good luck, bad luck, who knows?"

All copies of the promo on eBay begin only as low as $50 and end typically over $100. Unemployed, I can't afford to spend that much on a CD, no matter how spectacular. Bad luck for me. But still I wonder, "Good luck, bad luck, who knows?"

A commercial release for less than $10 is announced online, so I pre-order it on Best Buy and practically count down the hours until its release. Good luck, bad luck, who knows?

Every other website carrying the single changes the description from 10 tracks to the 5 available on iTunes. Good luck, bad luck, who knows?

Because there are still days before the CD's release, I can still cancel my Best Buy pre-order. Good luck, bad luck, who knows?

The e-mail regarding my cancellation request arrives 15 minutes after an e-mail saying my order has been shipped. It says they requested the Logistics Support team to halt the delivery if they can, and suggests I return it by mail or in-store if they cannot. I will still not be refunded the shipping charges either way I return it, and the order has already been charged to my bank account. Good luck, bad luck, who knows?

The USPS website doesn't recognize the tracking number attached to the shipping statement. Good luck, bad luck, who knows?

A 10-track commercial single of Magnificent arises on eBay. USPS says it has received electronic notification to expect my item. Good luck, bad luck, who knows?

sleus

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2009, 02:27:53 AM »
I really expected the US version to be the 5 track one.

But there is still this 7 track version.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300320205602&Category=307&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

I'm not going for it. I've had enough of this Magnificent abacadabra. But I'm curious to know if this 7 track is real or fake. It looks real to me, but then the picture isn't that clear.
Anyone knows for sure?

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2009, 07:08:29 AM »
I've buy the Maxi CD single 10 tracks of magnificent import from usa (I'm French)...
So the official maxi cd single is out since this morning...

And for our 10 Promo Tracks are they official or not? Because the last back cover picture post is different from mine and the front cover too
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:10:12 AM by yseilys »

slaneman

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 08:14:48 AM »
Daß ich dereinst, an dem Ausgang der grimmigen Einsicht,
Jubel und Ruhm aufsinge zustimmenden Engeln.

morgan1098

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »
I got my copy of the US Magnificent single at a local record store today... it is indeed the 10-track version as pictured in the ebay photos above.  How strange to buy a U2 CD single produced in the US... in 2009!

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2009, 02:28:51 PM »
Thanks for the update.