Author Topic: Oakenfold Greatest Hits mixes  (Read 3051 times)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Oakenfold Greatest Hits mixes
« on: February 12, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
The discography section now lists two more versions of Paul Oakenfold's 2004 remix of Beautiful Day. One is from the USA single-disc release of Greatest Hits & Remixes, another from the UK three-disc release. There's also a UK two-disc release with a different track length from both of those (wikipedia says 7:00). Has anyone had a chance to listen to that one yet? Is it the same as the Creamfields version (6:54)?

There are also two different lengths of Even Better Than the Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix) between the two-disc and three-disc releases. Are these the same as the original from the EBTTRT single?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Oakenfold Greatest Hits mixes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 10:59:26 PM »
I only have the three disc release.  My understanding was that the one and two disc versions were both continuous mixes, so the version on the three disc release is the "full" version, but I've not actually heard the other two.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Re: Oakenfold Greatest Hits mixes
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 01:48:41 AM »
ANSWERS TO MY OWN QUESTIONS

Beautiful Day:
GH&R (1-disc) is just slightly faster than (2-disc), but with a longer lead-out to a different song. GH&R (3-disc) is, as established, the full version without transitions to and from songs, and is also slightly slower than (2-disc). Creamfields is again slightly slower than that.

EBTTRT:
GH&R (3-disc) is identical to the EBTTRT single. The version on (2-disc) is the same, but has about 25 seconds edited out of it (in pieces throughout) and an overlapping beat at the start from the song before.