Author Topic: Which Red Rocks to Purchase  (Read 5539 times)

hmtmkmkm

Which Red Rocks to Purchase
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:02:11 AM »
So I've been doing some research on the different copies of the new 'Red Rocks' rerelease DVDs and CDs.

From what I can tell, the separate versions of each have just been combined to form the deluxe version.

However, does anyone know if there is something extra that appears in the deluxe version that you wouldn't get if you just bought copies of the separate versions? Not so much in audio or video content, but more like say inserts and the like.

I'm a collector like probably a lot of you and would prefer to have both the separate copies rather than the deluxe so that I can have both cases rather than just the DVD case.

Appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Joe

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Which Red Rocks to Purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »
I bought the Amazon boxset, so I have to buy the deluxe version to fill that empty slot.

A true collector would buy all three, and from multiple countries.  ;)

morgan1098

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »
I, too, am buying the deluxe version to fit in the amazon box set.  :)

If it's like the other four deluxe versions released so far, it will likely have a thick booklet with an essay from a famous rock journalist, along with written commentary from the Edge.  It's possible they could include the same commentary with the DVD-only release, but who knows?  I have a feeling the deluxe version will probably have something extra, even if it's only a few rare photos in the booklet or an extra essay, that the other editions don't have.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 08:06:04 PM »
I bought the Amazon boxset, so I have to buy the deluxe version to fill that empty slot.

Oy, I think that means I'm just not good enough as a collector :P

I'm considering buying the deluxe version because I always choose deluxe versions over standard ones, and that will go to my collection of OFFICIALLY released dvd material. And then just buying the album as well so I have something to put in my OFFICIALLY released album collection. I, like I guess most of you would, have the old versions of the album and now have the new age remastered albums in order.

Can anyone tell me more about the box you guys have mentioned? I had a look and it seems only the poster, and obviously the box are the additions that you can't get in the separate deluxe versions. Is this correct?

I'm considering buying it but unless there's any new audio material, I think I'll stick with what I have.

Thanks,
Joe

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 12:42:37 PM »

...Yep, but true collectors need to feed their children too: I'll buy the USA deluxe to fill in the Box...by Xmas I'll get the Vynil & the DVD  ;D

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:44:09 PM »
::: BTW

How come I am Junior Member and got only 2 stars??

I've been registered since 2004 as soon as this Forum Started!!!  >:(

slaneman

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 10:42:25 PM »
Well to me you are 5-star member.  ;D

I think it's just based on the number of posts.

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 12:45:53 AM »
Does anyone have any images of the Deluxe version they can upload?

I'd like to know if this version is a DVD case with the 2 discs or a CD sized case with the bonus DVD disc in there.

I originally expected that the single disc would be in a CD size (which is was) and the deluxe version in a DVD size which meant I'd buy one of each but if the deluxe version is just like the CD one then I'll get the deluxe and sell the other one.

Would appreciate any pictures.

Thanks,
Joe

germcevoy

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
Does anyone have any images of the Deluxe version they can upload?

I'd like to know if this version is a DVD case with the 2 discs or a CD sized case with the bonus DVD disc in there.

I originally expected that the single disc would be in a CD size (which is was) and the deluxe version in a DVD size which meant I'd buy one of each but if the deluxe version is just like the CD one then I'll get the deluxe and sell the other one.

Would appreciate any pictures.

Thanks,
Joe

It's the same as the rest of the deluxes. A box that houses the book which has the CD in one cover and the DVD in the other coverr