Author Topic: Two Hearts Beat As One versions  (Read 6179 times)

PekkaL

Two Hearts Beat As One versions
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:04:02 AM »
A question about the discography section, for a change:

Regarding the Two Hearts Beat As One singles and different versions of the song, you keep calling the 5:40 Steve Lillywhite mix an "US Remix", though it's labelled as "Club Version" on about every record I've come across, and the 4:23 Francois Kevorkian remix a "Club Version", though it's labelled everywhere as "US Remix", as is the Kevorkian mix of New Year's Day. This is very confusing. Also, on the lyric pages BOTH the Club Version and US Remix are listed as being remixed by Francois Kevorkian.

I just bought the german Sunday Bloody Sunday single from 1985, catalog number 600 820-213. On the back it says that the B-side should be: 1. New Year's Day, 2. Two Hearts Beat As One, both remixed by Francois Kevorkian. But when you listen to the record, the track order is reversed and the version of Two Hearts is actually the 5:40 Steve Lillywhite mix. Is this the record that started the confusion?

As to which naming is correct, I would trust the Edge liner notes from the War - Remastered Deluxe Edition.

Trevor

Re: Two Hearts Beat As One versions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »
the error is in the new remaster... the club version is the 4.23 mislabelled as us remix...

PekkaL

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 03:20:45 PM »
then the "error" is also on the original 12" single and the 7" double pack... wonder where it's listed correctly then?

George

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »
I originally thought that the remaster was the error, and that was based on the Sunday Bloody Sunday CD single.  After checking my 12" Two Hearts single, I see that its listing does match the remaster.  Based on sound, the two mixes on the SBS CD (both labeled as US mixes) seem to be done by the same remixer.  This made it easy to believe that they are labeled correctly and the remaster is not.

I now believe that the only mis-labeled item is the SBS CD single, and all others are correct.

bobni

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 02:12:44 PM »
It gets even more confusing when checking the following links:

http://www.discogs.com/U2-Sunday-Bloody-Sunday/release/81939

http://www.discogs.com/release/79403

In my opinion the US Remix is 5.40 and the Club Version is 4.23.
It seems the one in the second link labeled THBAO Club Version is a misprint, since this is the only version of THBAO that exists in that way.
All other released versions of THBAO and SBS list the 5.40 track as the US Remix.
Or U2 have mislabeled all these other releases of SBS or THBAO.
In that case the remastered version is right...

Confusing indeed...

PekkaL

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:18:48 PM »
It gets even more confusing when checking the following links:

http://www.discogs.com/U2-Sunday-Bloody-Sunday/release/81939

http://www.discogs.com/release/79403

In my opinion the US Remix is 5.40 and the Club Version is 4.23.
It seems the one in the second link labeled THBAO Club Version is a misprint, since this is the only version of THBAO that exists in that way.
All other released versions of THBAO and SBS list the 5.40 track as the US Remix.
Or U2 have mislabeled all these other releases of SBS or THBAO.
In that case the remastered version is right...

Confusing indeed...

There aren't any Two Hearts Beat As One singles that listed the 5:40 version as US Remix. Only the Sunday Bloody Sunday single does that. And no single has ever listed the 4:23 version as Club Version.

Trevor

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 05:04:35 AM »
I recently checked all the two hearts vinyl editions I have and I noticed that some copies have the side a (what should be the club version) listed as extended version and on some of them is reported the timing of 5.40... but only the back of the covers list that track as club version... so maybe the error is on sunday bloody sunday but the 2 tracks seem to be done by the same remixer, as george said... so is it the war remastered correct?

PekkaL

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 10:37:09 AM »
Does anyone here have Steve Lillywhite's e-mail address? Let's ask him to end all the confusion :)

Trevor

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 12:29:05 PM »
...or the kevorkian email  ;)
...and what about j. swallo? which is the correct form of the title? on fire is called swallo, on u2 rok and the complete u2 swallow... and on the new remaster is called again swallo...

UselessPoznan

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 03:00:01 PM »
Hello,
Can anybody check what is the difference between album version (4:02) and 7" version (3:52)? Is it simply fade out or other edit/mix??? I don't have a turntable and since it's only available on vinyl (as far as I know) I can't check it. Huge thanks in advance.

slaneman

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »
In the album version at around 3:40 Bono sings "I can't stop to dance"--this phrase is dropped in the 7' edit, hence it's a few seconds shorter. Otherwise they are identical.

Diabolical, no?  :P