Author Topic: bono collaboration not included on the discography section  (Read 4245 times)

Trevor

bono collaboration not included on the discography section
« on: January 05, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
I have noticed that the discography section does not include this bono collaboration:

Pat Boone - Glory Train: The Lost Sessions - 2005, Oak Records 0340-2 - CD + bonus DVD

the cd has the track titled "Thank You Billy Graham", 5.51, written by Pat Boone, David Pack and Billy Dean, with a spoken introduction by Bono. the dvd has the video of the same track with the same introduction by Bono.

this is what Bono says:

-- At a time when religion seems so often to get in the way of God’s work, with it’s shopping mall sale pitch and its bumper sticker reductionism, I, I give thanks just for the sanity of ...of Billy Graham for that clear empathetic voice of his in that southern accent.
And part poet, part preacher. A singer of the human spirit, I’d say. Ahh, yeah, I give thanks for Billy Graham.
Thank you Billy Graham. --
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:21:20 AM by Trevor »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: bono collaboration not included on the discography section
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »
I may have to add this to my collection.  It looks like you can pick up a used copy for a couple of bucks.

Trevor

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »
new it's $16.98 on the pat boone official store http://www.patsgold.com/detail.aspx?ID=5
but I'm sure you can find it on amazon or ebay for less...
there is also this one http://www.patsgold.com/detail.aspx?ID=14 I think a new release (2008) but I don't know if it has the same content...

I can advise you with another interesting release not in the discography... for the edge fans:

Jah Wobble - I Could Have Been A Contender - Anthology - 2004, Trojan Records TJETD 191

this box consist of 3 separate slimline case cds in a cardboard box, the cd 2 has snake charmer, 6.21, available only here on cd. we could consider it as a new edit since it fades out without the beats of hold on to your dreams intro...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 05:29:50 PM by Trevor »

God, Part II

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »
I can advise you with another interesting release not in the discography... for the edge fans:

Jah Wobble - I Could Have Been A Contender - Anthology - 2004, Trojan Records TJETD 191

this box consist of 3 separate slimline case cds in a cardboard box, the cd 2 has snake charmer, 6.21, available only here on cd. we could consider it as a new edit since it fades out without the beats of hold on to your dreams intro...

Lovely!  Thanks so much for gutting my already beaten and battered wallet...sigh...$20 at Amazon Marketplace for one damn song (and, frankly, not a very good one)...I need help...

slaneman

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:50 AM »
GPII---
How about this track:

"I Could Have Been A Collector"   :D

Nice work, Trevor.