Author Topic: Elevation Live From Boston DVD  (Read 4483 times)

MartinTexas

Elevation Live From Boston DVD
« on: April 08, 2011, 06:06:52 PM »
Hi! I just now ripping audio tracks from Boston DVDs and I wonder  if somebady know where exactly are from: Elevation (Miami Version/Souvenir Version) and Walk On (From road Movie)?  ::)

Elevation has a snnipet at the end or it's just Bono improvisation? Maybe it's from Miami soundcheck?
Walk On has different begining than on DVD1 and is much better quality than Bono Cams Versions (probably raw SBD) - could it be from 5th June or it's other show?  :)

slaneman

Re: Elevation Live From Boston DVD
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »
Walk On in Road Movie is from Boston, 6-6.

I don't know about Elevation though what Bono sings at the end doesn't occur in any of the other Boston shows. Also not from the final Miami show as already mentioned in the discography. Not from Ft. Lauderdale shows, soundcheck or final dress rehearsal show.

I don't have a soundcheck from Miami.

MartinTexas

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 05:42:16 PM »
Thanks for reply!  ;) I've listened to records from Boston 05 & 06 and it's now clear that Road Version of Walk On is from 06. Version on DVD1 has removed "For Aung San Su Kyi" and added "Walk On". Don't know why they did this.
As I noticed also Bad is mix of 05 & 06 - very begining of Bad is from 05 - till Bono starts singing - rest it's possibly from 06.

I know that Boston was cutted and mixed from two nights (video from 3) but I didn't know it was on such range.  :o
Graet second half of Desire, In My Life, Wild Horses Snnipet, One, Pride, MWays, People Get Ready.... Isn't this one of the most cutted U2's DVD apart from R&H Movie?  :P

slaneman

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
Warning: The following is an attempt at humor.

I’ve been reading a lot of science books lately (some say too many) and I’ve discovered some startling facts.

1.  There is a corollary to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle which states that one can never know both the exact venue and the performance date of a U2 DVD edit. Not many people know this outside of the small circle of the world’s top physicists.

2.   A recently unearthed manuscript has been found to contain a variation of the famous Schrödinger's Cat thought experiment that proves Bono sang both “wild wind” and “whirlwind” in Street Mission. This led to the development of a quite obscure branch of physics called “Quantum Bonamics”.

It seems we can only assign a probability and not a certainty to any transcription. Bono’s mumbles turn out to be wave functions! Gadzooks!

3.  Even more shocking is another little known fact which was recently hacked from Stephen Hawking’s computer: The Claw contains a secret Time Machine located under the stage that Willie Williams invented for advanced editing of live shows. It was first used on the Wide Awake In Europe EP but my guess is they’ll be using it a lot more to compensate for the time constraints that certain extra-U2 projects have imposed on future releases.
    But knowing Bono (that trickster) don’t be too surprised the next time you watch your Red Rocks DVD if you find a snippet from one of this summer’s shows…or Michael J. Fox in a mullet taking a solo during Electric Co. Even your bootlegs aren’t safe.!
Don’t take your collection for granted!

Officially only a very few people know this--- U2.com Black Hole members only.
To qualify for Black Hole membership one must have invested a minimum of 5 million dollars in Spiderman.

Hawking has suggested to Bono that he use their Time Machine to go back in time to a period just before the Big Bang and return and explain what really happened. More likely he’ll go back and practice guitar.

So don’t be surprised if U2 plays a cover of The Allman Brothers Band “Whipping Post” when they play Glastonbury and Bono nails a 15-minute guitar solo that surpasses both Duane Allman and Dickey Betts.

Sound impossible? Not in this particular U2inverse we live in…

:o

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:38:30 PM »
I know that Boston was cutted and mixed from two nights (video from 3) but I didn't know it was on such range.

The video is even more choppy.  Most of the overhead shots are of night 2.  But most of the crowd shots are from night 1.  Sometimes within one song they use crowd shots from both nights though.  I was there in Boston for those shows...it's fun to watch where I show up in the DVD lol.  Looks like I popped all over the place.

Easy way of telling night one?  Our fearless lyrics guru, Carl, is front row, center between Bono's legs in the shots from behind him lol.  I spent all night out on the sidewalk to ensure he got a good spot :-p