Author Topic: More unique edits found  (Read 4292 times)

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
More unique edits found
« on: June 07, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »
In case anyone is interested, here's some info on a recently received 1997 Colombian promo CD from PolyGram titled "Anglo Internacional 3". I can't find a catalog number but the matrix number is L808 8744 29461 R71008-01 A. The CD contains what could possibly be two unique U2 edits.

The first is a 5:03 version of Please that seems to have the left and right channels swapped. I'm guessing the audio is otherwise the same as the regular album version but I haven't compared it thoroughly. Now I'll have to go check on all other versions for channel swapping.

The other is a 4:13 version of Pop Muzik labeled "7 Pop Muzik". An intended 7" single edit? It seems to be an edit of the regular Pop Mart Mix version.

U2maxi

Re: More unique edits found
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 03:15:14 PM »
That surely is interesting info. How do you keep finding these gems?!

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »
By buying a lot of not so common promotional stuff, I guess.  ;)

Well, for this one the seller had mentioned it as being a unique version of Pop Muzik so that fact was pretty obvious. For other items it was mostly by chance that I found out. I probably have other items that I should contribute to the discography at some point. I only slowly keep on finding them as I have time to rip their audio/video for my collection. One that I still have to go back and confirm is what could be an edited version of the video of the Milan show.

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »
Here's another recent find. Remember the demo/outtake/alternative version of I'm Not Your Baby? The one recorded from radio and circulated as an mp3 back in the PopMart days?

It seems to be available on a German promo CD called "Vorverkaufs CD zum 29.09.1997" bearing the catalog number 19512. The track is 4:39 long.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 12:17:04 PM »
Here's another recent find. Remember the demo/outtake/alternative version of I'm Not Your Baby? The one recorded from radio and circulated as an mp3 back in the PopMart days?

It seems to be available on a German promo CD called "Vorverkaufs CD zum 29.09.1997" bearing the catalog number 19512. The track is 4:39 long.

wow - if that's an actual studio rip that'd be an amazing find.  I always liked that song and it's fun to listen to a "rawer" version of it at times.