Author Topic: Scans of the Aus GOYB single  (Read 4098 times)

hmtmkmkm

Scans of the Aus GOYB single
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:21:16 PM »
Hey guys,

I hope this is in the right place.

I noticed that the discography section does not have scans of the GOYB covers and CD. I have the Aus CD here with me... did you want/need me to upload some scans? I've not done it before so I don't know what your guidelines are for scanning and such (and I'm not the most experienced with a scanner either, haha) but I DO know HOW to scan so if you want me to, let me know and I'll get to it so I can send them to one of the showrunners on this site who can then put them up.

Thanks,
Joe

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Scans of the Aus GOYB single
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 02:34:55 PM »
If you don't mind doing them large, and saving them as a jpg i'll resize them downwards...I use 545 pixels for a maximum width through the discography anything bigger than that would be great...

you can just email them to me as I'm currently working on that page
aaron@u2w--- and if you want to try out just the cover and send it on i'll get back to you on whether or not it works for me...

many thanks for the offer...saves me buying the Australian singles LOL.

Aaron

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 11:50:59 PM »
No, no trouble at all. I've just emailed you the scans in jpeg format and hopefully at your required width or better. Hope it's suitable for you.

And if I can help save a few bucks, then I'm happy to!

I'm glad to help out on this site as I use it daily. I think I'll have a quick look and see if there's anything else on the site that I may be able to help out with using my own collection. And of course, I'll try and do what I can in future as they make more releases here in Oz.

Thanks,
Joe

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »
Thanks Joe.  They worked out great.  Now in the discography.  :-)

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »
Glad to help! I feel mighty proud of my first contribution  ;D

Thanks,
Joe

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 03:40:00 AM »
I realise this probably shouldn't be in this post but it's probably better than to take up more space with another separate post...

I've just done a run through of all the pages on the discography of which I have CDs in my collection in an effort to see if I can contribute some image scans. My collection is not complete but of each item in it, I have all inserts and discs. I've found quite a few that I can send to you. Using your descriptions, they are:

The second (?) release of the Sunday Bloody Sunday single in Austria with a slightly different printed label on the CD and "Maxi Single 45T" printed on the front.  The CD itself is missing the blue "Island" and has a different arrangment of text. (My CD is not the one missing the blue "Island" but I do have the inserts that you're missing)

The German 5" CD of I Still Haven't Found... (I have inserts and disc)

The Austrian 5" CD of Where The Streets... (I have inserts and disc)

The Australian 5" CD of version II of Discotheque [with tracks Discotheque (12" Version) / Holy Joe (Garage Mix) / Holy Joe (Guilty Mix)] (I have digipack and disc)

The UK 5" CD (Slimline Jewel) of If God Will... (I have the back insert and disc, which you're missing)

The Europe 5" CD (Card Sleeve) of If God Will... (I have the disc, which you're missing)

The Europe 5" CD [with tracks Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) / Elevation (Escalation Mix) / Elevation (Influx Mix) / Elevation (Quincey and Sonance Remix)] (the UPC is 7 31458 86692 3)

The Europe 5" CD [with tracks Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) / Last Night on Earth (Live from Mexico) / Don't Take Your Guns to Town] (I have the disc)

The Australian 5" DVD of Window In The Skies (I have inserts and disc)

The Australian pressing of Boy (Inserts, disc)
The Australian pressing of October (With alternate inserts to the one on the site, as well as the disc)
The Australian pressing of War (Inserts, disc)
The Australian pressing of The Unforgettable Fire (Inserts, disc)
The Australian pressing of The Joshua Tree (Inserts, disc)
The Australian pressing of Rattle And Hum (Inserts, disc)
The Australian pressing of Achtung Baby (Inserts, disc)
The Australian pressing of ATYCLB (I have the disc, which you're missing)
The Australian pressing of HTDAAB (Inserts, disc and cardboard slipcase that goes around jewel case)
The Australian pressing of 18Singles (Inserts with bonus track I Will Follow, disc)

I also have their DVD releases beginning with The Joshua Tree (Classic Albums) to Red Rocks and No Line

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but the link that leads to the single All I Want Is You leads to a duplicate page of When Love Comes To Town. I don't know if you knew this but I thought it wouldn't hurt to add it here anyway.

So if you're interested in all these scans (or if only some) you can let me know which ones and I will do them all and send then whenever you like as I appreciate you must be very busy.

Thanks,
Joe