Author Topic: The Complete U2 now available in iTunes Plus  (Read 17444 times)

cleaner

Re: The Complete U2 now available in iTunes Plus
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 07:58:24 AM »
I've noticed the mistake about Momo's Beat a long time before and told it apple to correct it. Their answer was I had the opinion to download the misnamed song again. It was just the same to the ipod-unplayable Chains, i've downloaded again and again without getting better. Very professional...

PekkaL

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 11:57:40 AM »
Can any of you distinguish, by the way, which version of Angel of Harlem is included in the set? It seems that it is either the album or the single version duplicated, but which is it?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »
This is exactly why I just reripped my own CD collection and used The Complete U2 to fill in the blanks. Too many single versions duplicated as album versions and vice versa.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 05:04:52 PM »
Just some notes on the whole "Complete U2"...

First of all you may wonder where the 'cover artwork' came from.  It was all taken from u2wanderer.org.  If there's an identifying mark, wrinkle, hole, scuff in the covers you get from itunes, compare it to the artwork here.  It's mostly my collection.

The whole Complete iTunes came about very quick for the band.  Unexpectedly fast from my discussions with those in the know.  There was a scramble to try to get things done, and I was approached to help out with the project.  Unfortunately they decided to go another route, and although they used the scans for the project, I'm not sure where the track listing came from that they eventually released.  At one point I know they were using the "By Song" list as their guide.

At the time it made me pretty proud of this site. 

But yeah, they only had a couple of weeks to put it all together for Apple, and i'm not surprised at all that some things got missed or misnamed along the way. 

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 06:24:53 PM »
If there's an identifying mark, wrinkle, hole, scuff in the covers you get from itunes, compare it to the artwork here.  It's mostly my collection.

Which I always found odd because Four5One obviously has pristine copies of a lot of the cover art which were used for the singles lithographs sold on U2.com:  Three, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, and Pride for example.

No offense meant, Aaron.  ;)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 09:00:50 PM »
It was fourfiveone who approached me initially and brought me in on the project.  they had all that stuff but couldn't put their hands on the individual materials in time...

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »
Just bought the upgrade, and have discovered an error I didn't have the first time around. The "All I Want Is You" single claims to be the same two tracks it used to be, but the second one, the album version of "All I Want Is You," is actually "Unchained Melody." Kind of happy about having a new song, but it's thrown me off my game plan (upgrade to iTunes Plus, throw out master copy of original download). And also now I have to check every track for inconsistencies. Not happy about that at all.

Update: After a quick once-through the only misprint I discovered besides what's already been mentioned (Electrical Storm, Unchained Melody, Pop Muzik, Happiness Is a Warm Gun, and Lemon (Momo's Beats)) is that Night and Day (Steel String Remix) is really Satellite of Love.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 12:06:34 AM by Z000 »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 12:55:39 AM »
I backed up both the original download and the upgrade to DVD, but my iTunes library is my own CD rips. The only things I kept from iTunes were things I don't already own on CD.

U2maxi

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 08:37:38 AM »
Does anybody have info of this being available outside the US?

Trevor

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 07:19:07 AM »
regarding the william orbit radio edit (sorry but I haven't read this trhead before) this is what itunes reply to my question:

Dear Trevor,

I'm sorry to learn that "Electrical Storm" did not meet the standard of quality you have come to expect from the iTunes Store. I have submitted the item for investigation. Apple takes the quality of the items offered on the iTunes Store seriously and will investigate the issue with "Electrical Storm", but I can't say when or if the issue will be resolved. Please try again in a few weeks.

I have also issued a replacement song credit to your account, which you can use to buy the individual song of your choice from the iTunes Store.

...at least they give me back the 99cent for that song ...maybe if I reported all the errors I had the upgrade for free...

Trevor

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 08:11:25 AM »
I have also ripped my entire cd collection to apple lossless to create my personal and with no errors complete u2 and I noticed that the track "mofo (mother's mix)" from the mofo cd single has a little blip in the first second of the track on right channel... I have 2 edition, europe and canada, used eac in secure mode and both have the same blip... the funny thing is that this blip is not present on the itunes file... in all these errors they correct one track... my european cd also have the tracks in this order: if god grand jury, mofo (mother's mix), mofo (phunk force)... but I discovered it is standard for all of the eropean edition...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 08:20:18 AM by Trevor »

Z000

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »
...at least they give me back the 99cent for that song ...maybe if I reported all the errors I had the upgrade for free...

They'd probably only refund the ones that are duplicates mislabeled as other tracks, which is just Electrical Storm (Single Version) and Lemon (Momo's Beats). But it's worth a try. I might even e-mail them myself.

Z000

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 02:30:35 PM »
Sure enough, I e-mailed them with all six track errors and got credits for five free songs. My guess is I only got five because I told them the Lemon (Momo's Beats) error was from before the upgrade, but had reported the errors from my upgrade purchase. I plan to report Lemon again but as an error from the original purchase. Unless I get the same customer service rep it should work.

The best part is that they're credits for free songs, not 99 cent credits, since many songs cost 1.29 now.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 04:36:48 PM by Z000 »