Communication > Off-Topic Banter

Introductions?

(1/7) > >>

Carl:
So... who are you?  The few, the proud, the registered.  

Just a bit about yourself and why you registered (especially if you haven't posted and don't really intend to).  Afraid someone will take your username?  Did you feel pity on us and decide to swell the ranks?

u2rob:
Since nobody took the bait, I'll bite first:

I'm Rob.  I'll try to keep this short and sweet (though that doesn't happen too often with me!).

I'm 23, from Philadelphia, and I'm the co-founder and list manager over at the U2PhillyFans yahoogroup.

I've been a U2 fan since just after Pop passed through town, so my first live experiences weren't until Elevation came to Philly.  Saw them five times in 2001 (thrice in Philly, twice in NYC).  Was GA for 4 shows.  Am very proud of my photos (and even prouder to have one published in the updated U2 Live: A Concert Documentary, though it's not the one I would have chosen).  Very much looking forward to the next tour.

I am a ravenous U2 bootleg hound; I've just started to get into DVD trading.  I'm also a collecting freak - I find myself buying vinyl even though I almost never play 'em, for example.

I'm not one to post a lot, but I do have spare time at work often, and I do intend to cruise around the forums when I can.

And yes, yes, I did feel pity for y'all. =P

Sincerely, a ranks-sweller.  =)

sirensong984:
...I won't look dorky. So I'll go next ;)

Hmm.  Who am I...lets see. I'm 20, I'm a political science education major at the  University of Tennessee (that's in Knoxville).  I spend a lot of time with my boyfriend and online bothering Aaron (which I've been doing since I was 15..wow, anyway..)

Hmm. I first heard U2 at a Popmart concert in Clemson, SC.  I was forced to go by my grandmother, but boy am I glad she made me go.  Of course I fell in love right then and there and have been obsessed ever since.  I saw them again on Popmart in Atlanta that fall and then I saw 4 elevation shows (Atlanta, Indianapolis, Baltimore, and Atlanta again) and made some good friends through those.  I look forward to selling my soul and anything else not bolted down to try to raise money for this tour ;)  Incidentally my favorite song on HTDAAB is City of Blinding Light or maybe Yahweh now.  Or maybe Miracle Drug.  Or maybe...you get the picture ;)

I guess I can wrap it up now, I've bored you long enough.  

Love,
Stefanie :)

Carl:
@Rob... I have no worries accepting pity posts. :) Looks like we got into the band around the same time.  While it is a shame to have missed ZooTV and Popmart, at least we had a great back catalogue to sort through eh?

@Stef... the story has been told, though not on here.  Perhaps you can cut and paste from an old rewired post or something. Bothering Aaron online is a favorite pastime of mine as well, too bad he always seems to be getting urgent calls from work.  Hmmm.... :)

My little bio is up here:
http://www.u2wanderer.org/twoshots/carl.html

It was based around Aaron's, but I found the third person voice rather amusing, and uh, got a little carried away.  For reference his more "professional" bio is here:
http://www.u2wanderer.org/twoshots/aaron.html

Butter7:
[list=1]
[*]Who is she?
She's a Chinese international students studing in Australia. She changed 4 majors in 6 semesters. Currently, she's a HRM student.

[*]Why she registered?
She was annoied by the actions taken on fan sites recently, and felt a bit guilty for only taking from these hard working guys, but never give a thank word in her past.

[*]A bit about her U2 history[/color]
A real good story! She bets U2 gonna love it.
One day she went to a local music shop (when she was in China), she bought 5 DVDs and asked for 20% discount. The shop owner refused her but gave her a copy of U2's CD instead. An unauthorized or illegal copy, whatever word you like. She was upset by the greedy shop owner, but she did listen to that CD, and fell in love with the band who made the music. (the worst thing finally happend.)

[*]3 good thing of this year
Passed all exams; the new album finally released; going home in December.

[*]3 bad thing of this year
Passed all exams in pity results; the new album finally released, but fan sites are down; going home in December but the ticket is too expensive.
[/list=1]

4 am in the morning, I think I'd better get some sleep before the sun rise. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version