Site Related > Lyrics Transcriptions

Brooklyn Bridge iffy spots

<< < (2/2)

slaneman:
Bono faking lyrics!
Just listened to mtv version. (I'm at home)

Very curious. Almost exactly the same as your posted lyrics. Well, the same iffy spots. If I could hear the iTunes I could tell immediately but here's some obvious:

IWF  iffy spot
  I hear "I was counting out myself"

ABOY iffy spots:
   I hear "You can make me gomane again" . Don't hear the "k" for "back".  
  I hear (Ah yah so or soul)
  Also mtv left off intro part "Alright, love song to the Who" and had just "Alright now"

"Sometimes" on mtv is a mess. They left out 2 verses and 1 chorus. But not your iffy spots. Intro is "Allright this one's for my father Bob".

Iffy spots:
  I hear "Well hey, see you're out your phone"  No "on".

The Tom Rush ending is very clear on mtv
  "No tears goodby. We'd only fi . i. ight again."

Hope this was helpful. You can only rewind and playback a tape for so long before it stretches out and jams.

[Edited on 2005-2-24 by slaneman]

Brad:
Originally posted by Carl
Sometimes Brooklyn Bridge:

3:45 - Well hey, see you're out on your phone

I'm hearing either "see lawyer fall," which makes no sense, or "still all your fault," which makes more sense.

5:02 - We'd only hurt again

I also hear "We'd only fi-ight again."

[Edited on 2005-2-24 by Brad]

slaneman:
Edited out my blunder. Never ever do this with tape again.

Interesting that the full audience I just heard again (38kbs!!) seemed to confirm your ABOY (I'll be there soon).

Glad that Brad also heard "We'd only fight again" which seemed clear on the audience version as well.

The audience has the full 'Sometimes" and there was nothing wrong with the part mtv cut out. Must have been a time issue. Had to get those iPod commercials in there. But Bono did swallow the "fake it".

Carl:
Sometimes:
Ok, it's being changed to fight.  I didn't feel confident about the "hurt" line but it is a really weird fight.  And it sounds like someone else says something really quickly in a lower voice there.  Odd.

See lawyer fall... haha.  I'm hearing that when I listen to the song now. I can't hear the "still your fault" though that would make more sense.  I'm pretty sure sticking with the phone line that there is an "on" in there.

ABOY:
I can possibly hear a faint "k" sound there... I'd rather transcribe something that is actually a word if I don't feel it is stretching things too far. :) I should just isolate that part and loop it in a sound editing program (I did that for the little thing he made up over the solo).

Misc:
They edited out the talking before Sometimes on the iTunes release, but the love song to the Who was on top of Edge's playing, so it seems odd MTV cut that.

Webson:
What source are you using?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version