Author Topic: New U2 DVD?  (Read 4517 times)

hmtmkmkm

New U2 DVD?
« on: August 08, 2008, 07:32:53 PM »
Hi all,
I've just been given an alert from an Australia online store that a new U2 dvd is being released. It's called BEGINNING - LIVE IN GERMANY 1983. Here's a link:

http://www.bigwentertainment.com.au/2217179-11028

My question is, is this an officially released U2 DVD? I can't see it anywhere else on the search engine and it clearly can't be the Under A Blood Red Sky dvd that is coming soon. I also think it can't be a bootleg or else it wouldn't be made available for purchase in the store. Does anyone have any ideas if this is a genuine official DVD that should be part of our collections?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Joe

God, Part II

Re: New U2 DVD?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »
The link says it's Region 0; ergo, I'm 99% sure it's not an official release (further supported by the cheap looking artwork).

germcevoy

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 05:52:42 AM »
It's definitely a fake. Its the pro-shot gig of the bands set in Loreley in August 83 dressed up with some cheap artwork. The gig is freely available from many torrenrt sites

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 08:14:10 PM »
Well now I feel obligated to force it to be removed from their store. Surely they can't be allowed to make money off of something that was not officially released by the band. What's to stop anyone recording a show and packaging it in some artwork and trying to sell it off? Unless it was professionally filmed but not released by the band or the band's label. But still.

germcevoy

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 02:13:12 PM »
Well now I feel obligated to force it to be removed from their store. Surely they can't be allowed to make money off of something that was not officially released by the band. What's to stop anyone recording a show and packaging it in some artwork and trying to sell it off? Unless it was professionally filmed but not released by the band or the band's label. But still.

This kinda stuff is all over ebay and it sells for lots. I've seen well packaged bootleg DVD's go for £25