Author Topic: A Few More Questions about Singles  (Read 2855 times)

Josh77

A Few More Questions about Singles
« on: October 10, 2009, 11:58:42 AM »
Hey all,

Thanks so much for the help you've provided.  I've got a few more 'edit' questions and I appreciate any help you can give.

As before, I'm wondering if the following are simple edits of the album versions or if they are a different mix altogether.

Stuck in a Moment (Radio Edit - 3.42)
Sometimes You Can't Make It (96 BPM Radio Edit - 4.51
City of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit - 4.11)
All Because of You (Single Mix - 3.19)
Magnificent (UK Edit - don't know the time)
Magnificent (Edit - don't know the time)
Crazy Tonight (Single Version - don't know the time)

Thanks again for any help you can give!
-Josh

MartinTexas

Re: A Few More Questions about Singles
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 04:17:01 PM »
Usually if the name/version of the song is a "Radio Edit", "Edit" or similar it is simple edit of the song. Sometimes only fade out, but usually in U2's songs some part of the song is cut out - like Magnificent Edits. Sometimes they remove several sounds at the begining or the end of the song - like at the end of Electrical Storm (Orbit Remix - Radio Edit).
If the version is "Single Version", "Single Remix/Mix" it's usually different mix or quite new version than album version.

Look at The Wanderer page to Discography menu. Most of this versions are described if that is a new version or simple edit.

Stuck in a Moment (Radio Edit - 3.42) - I don't have this, but I think it's a simple edit
Sometimes You Can't Make It (96 BPM Radio Edit - 4.51) - this is an edit of faster version of album song. They speed up album version and edited it.
City of Blinding Lights (Radio Edit - 4.11) - Simple edit
All Because of You (Single Mix - 3.19) - Different Mix - you can hear this at the beginning
Magnificent (UK Edit - don't know the time) - cutted intro (full solo?)
Magnificent (Edit - don't know the time) - cutted intro (not as much as in UK Edit) and solo
Crazy Tonight (Single Version - don't know the time) - Different Mix (Better for me, has lower bass line - in album version has too loud bass  ;) ) - but this is good sample, there is also
Crazy (Radio Edit) - and it's an edit of Single Version! So it's not a simple edit of album version  :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:19:18 PM by MartinTexas »

Josh77

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 06:43:18 PM »
Thanks... that's extremely helpful!!!

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »
Stuck in a Moment (Radio Edit - 3.42) - Simple Edit with an additionnal "shaker" sound (like bono played in Boston Elevation Tour DVD Live version)

Magnificent (UK Edit - don't know the time) - cutted intro and "OH OH Magnificent" additionnal at beginning

Magnificent (Edit - don't know the time) - idem without "OH OH Magnificent" additionnal at beginning