Author Topic: Slight errors with 46664: PART III: AMANDLA Discography listing  (Read 3069 times)

God, Part II

There are two tracks on the album that have caused some confusion, "We are the Champions" - Queen, Anastacia, and Cast (3:19) and "46664 Chant" - Soweto Gospel Choir and Cast (3:57).  According to u2wanderer's "Other Notes" section, "two songs at the end are performed by the cast, and Bono and the Edge may have participated".  I own the authorized DVD release of the entire concert (http://www.amazon.com/46664-Event-Nelson-Mandelas-Concert/dp/B0001US8BC) and have viewed these two tracks using the proverbial "fine-toothed comb" and can detect no trace of Bono and/or The Edge anywhere on the stage.  I feel 100% confident that this site can remove any U2-related reference to those two tracks in the Discography, as well as their listings in the Lyrics section.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Slight errors with 46664: PART III: AMANDLA Discography listing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »
Just working on the updates to the "46664" pages now for the new site.

I'm goign to remove any reference to "We Are the Champions" as I do not believe Bono and The Edge were on stage.  However I'm going to retain mention of "46664 Chant" as the liner notes list Bono as a writer, thus it retains it's U2 connection...

Does anyone have any reason to believe Bono or The Edge was on stage for "We are the Champions" - I like the poster above haven't been able to find any sign of them on stage in the video footage from that show and think we are safe removing it....

(Yes I know the topic is 3 years old, but I am going through the forum as I do each and every entry and promised people all along I'd reply as things were updated...)

God, Part II

Re: Slight errors with 46664: PART III: AMANDLA Discography listing
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
I appreciate it, and support your justification for retaining the "Chant" entry.