Author Topic: it might get loud on dvd/blu-ray  (Read 9108 times)

Trevor

it might get loud on dvd/blu-ray
« on: October 16, 2009, 04:26:22 AM »
I have seen that it will be available on dvd and blu-ray (http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html) on december 22... it can be pre-ordered on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Might-Get-Loud-Edge/dp/B002RVZV9K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1255684892&sr=8-4
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 04:33:34 AM by Trevor »

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: it might get loud on dvd/blu-ray
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 06:38:47 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I'm gonna have to get this one as it never came near here.  Anyone see it?  Any reviews from the peanut gallery?!

jw

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »
Hmm, Santa will probably already have his shopping done before December 22nd.  Doubt I'll see this as a Christmas gift.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 07:40:06 PM »
I'll be getting this for sure. Can't preorder the bluray yet, though.

God, Part II

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 08:25:37 AM »
I'll be getting this for sure. Can't preorder the bluray yet, though.

This is why they call me God...Part II!:

http://www.amazon.com/Might-Get-Loud-Blu-ray/dp/B002RVZV9U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1255785867&sr=1-4

slaneman

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »
Everyone should buy this DVD, whatever format. Collectors will want to buy both. It's a one of a kind music documentary. Anyone who's a fan of the guitar, or a fan of any of the guitarists will want to buy it. U2 fans will get to see some very cool segments.

I was fortunate to see a screening of IMGL a month before it opened at a charity event put on by Davis Guggenheim's sister, Grace, at a local cinema here in DC. Part of the charity draw was that Davis would attend and do a Q and A after the movie. I went with my friend, P-Diddy, aka Scarlet. After the movie and Q and A, I waited around to shake Davis' hand and tell him how much I enjoyed the film and we talked about his father, Charles Guggenheim, who had been an old customer of mine. You can do a wiki search for Charles and also for Grace, who is now the force behind Guggenheim productions since Charles passed away a few years ago. Davis used to come in the store with his dad when he was younger. He has his own career as a very successful Hollywood TV director. Besides the Gore documentary, "An Inconvenient Truth", and "It Might Get Loud:, Davis has directed many episodes of just about any popular TV series. His current documentary project is about the American public school system.

Funny thing is that Grace dropped by our store this afternoon killing time before an appointment she had nearby and I got to chat with her some more. I got to tell her again how many U2 fans are going to buy and enjoy the DVD.

Both Grace and Davis are really great people. I think Davis is carrying on the documentary approach his father started. He lets the principals tell their story in their own words. If you think The Edge is a private person, Jimmy Page almost never gives interviews to anyone. Grace told me today that it wasn't easy for her brother to approach Jimmy. He had to make his way up the chain of reps. Then finally he and Jimmy came to an understanding over tea. Eventually Jimmy let them film him in his home, a rare honor...--in his inner sanctum amongst his music collection. It's an awesome scene....shelves of CDs and VINYL...Jimmy grabs an old Link Wray vinyl and plays air guitar with an angelic smile on his face.

Each musician gets equal time throughout the film. Wanna see Edge standing in front of the bulletin board at Mt. Temple? See the room where they first rehearsed? That distorted Street Missions bootleg you got...now crystal clear on the big screen? Listen to Edge play a 4-track JT session tape of Streets with Bono counting the time morphing into a big screen Streets form Slane?

Bring a plate for the drool gonna be coming out your mouth.  :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 08:23:51 PM by slaneman »

Trevor

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 06:32:29 AM »

slaneman

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 12:00:34 AM »

God, Part II

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »
Is that the DVD or Blu-ray?  I ordered my Blu-ray from Amazon on Tuesday for $17.99...no local retailers stocked it, not even Best Buy  :o...should be here in another few days...(11 O'Clock) tick tock, tick tock...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »
Looks like mine will be here on Monday. I avoid big box stores like the plague the week before Christmas.

Hope that Blu-ray helps you sell some TVs, Slaneman.  ;D

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »
Just retrieved mine from the mailbox!  ;D

Merry Christmas to me!